Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kodak CX6330 versus DX4330 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t246136-kodak-cx6330-versus-dx4330.html)

Charles Hawtrey 10-26-2003 07:59 PM

Kodak CX6330 versus DX4330

I'm considering one or the other of these cameras and would appreciate
comments from anyone who is familiar with both. After reading the
specs on the Kodak web site it's not clear what would distinguish one
from the other. The CX6330 does tend to be slightly cheaper.

What I'm looking for is a "marital compromise": my main priority is
image quality and I don't mind fiddling to get it, whereas my wife
absolutely despises having to adjust anything. These Kodak models
seem to be capable of simple point-and-shooting yet are reported to
have good image quality.

I'd also be glad to hear any other suggestions that would fit my
requirements. The only other stipulation is that the street price
absolutely unconditionally must be under $300 (please, no "if you
could just spend $x more...").

Thanks!

Mark12211 10-27-2003 03:21 PM

Re: Kodak CX6330 versus DX4330

I don't think you will find the 4330 anymore. The 6330 is the newer body
style. You can't go wrong with either one. They are both easy to use and have
good image quality.

For $279.99 you can get the Kodak DX6340 from Staples.com.

The 6340 is like the 6330 but adds a sharper lens, and a longer zoom lens.

Kodak DX6340:
For the digital photographer who wants to do more.
3.1 megapixels
4X optical, 3.5X Advanced Digital Zoom
Kodak color science provides consistent color and sharpness
Auto exposure with matrix metering and multizone and center-zone autofocus
One-touch sharing: tag pictures to print or e-mail using the on- camera Share
button; also store 32 e-mail addresses right in the camera for extra-easy
e-mailing
16MB of internal memory with MMC/SD expansion slot
Compatible with Easyshare camera dock 6000, and Easyshare printer dock 6000

Ron Baird 10-27-2003 08:16 PM

Re: Kodak CX6330 versus DX4330

Hi Charles,

If you are in the US, you should check out the options for the DX6340 at
Rite2U online. They are selling the camera in three different
configurations. Go to the following link.

http://digitalimagingstore.rite2u.co...equest=quickSe
arch&searchStr=EasyShare+DX6340

It will take you to the page in question. Good prices in the range you have
noted. I would also consider the DX6440 as that is the camera that will
actually do all that you want, let you fiddle with adjustments, yet give
your wife great ease of use. The camera is not listed there just yet, but
might be found near that price as Christmas approaches. Price is now listed
at $399 but should get to the amount you noted sometime in the future if you
can wait. If not, the 6340 is an excellent choice as well.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Kodak