Velocity Reviews

-   -   Critique my photo please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t245680-critique-my-photo-please.html)

Hamilton Rose 10-18-2003 10:23 AM

Critique my photo please

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95368306aXBRkG

Ms.Jaime
(Hamilton, Ontario)
http://community.webshots.com/user/miss_jaime
ICQ#323721333

Nick S 10-18-2003 12:12 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

Hamilton Rose wrote:
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95368306aXBRkG

I think you enjoyed taking those!
I liked the Morning Stretch shot - reminded me of a Meerkat on look-out
duty!
What camera? The focus looks a little soft on some of the shots - guess
you are playing with a long lens and a narrow depth of field...
Never seen a black squirrel before - not sure if we have them here in
London, UK!
Thanks for sharing them. Nick S

Markyt 10-18-2003 12:47 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

Nice photos, although I agree with Nike in that the images look to be a bit
soft. What lense were you using for these? I just picked up a Sigma
50-500mm yesterday for my 10D, hope to try it out this weekend doing shots
similar to yours.

Mark

Mark B. 10-18-2003 12:50 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

"Hamilton Rose" <swimmdiva@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95368306aXBRkG
>

> Ms.Jaime
> (Hamilton, Ontario)
> http://community.webshots.com/user/miss_jaime
> ICQ#323721333

Try not to center the subjects so much. It makes the image look somewhat
static.

Mark

Hamilton Rose 10-18-2003 03:16 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:12:56 +0100, "Nick S"
<staibREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Hamilton Rose wrote:
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95368306aXBRkG
>>

>I think you enjoyed taking those!

I did!! :-)

>I liked the Morning Stretch shot - reminded me of a Meerkat on look-out
>duty!

Yes it did for me as well but I had never noticed a bird do it before.

>What camera? The focus looks a little soft on some of the shots - guess
>you are playing with a long lens and a narrow depth of field...

An Olympus C-750 UZ and I just recently got it and was trying it out.
I still have a lot to learn about using it.

>Never seen a black squirrel before - not sure if we have them here in
>London, UK!
>Thanks for sharing them. Nick S

Your welcome.

Ms.Jaime
(Hamilton, Ontario)
http://community.webshots.com/user/miss_jaime
ICQ#323721333
Remove the THORNS to email me.

Hamilton Rose 10-18-2003 03:17 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:47:53 -0400, "Markyt" <mhoweytnot@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Nice photos, although I agree with Nike in that the images look to be a bit
>soft. What lense were you using for these? I just picked up a Sigma
>50-500mm yesterday for my 10D, hope to try it out this weekend doing shots
>similar to yours.
>
>Mark

I was using my Olympus C-750 UZ

Hamilton Rose 10-18-2003 03:17 PM

Re: Critique my photo please

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:50:36 -0400, "Mark B."
<mbohntrash54@comcast.net> wrote:

>Try not to center the subjects so much. It makes the image look somewhat
>static.
>
>Mark

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.