Velocity Reviews

-   -   Flash memory udeful life and data storage life (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t245607-flash-memory-udeful-life-and-data-storage-life.html)

jriegle 10-16-2003 11:07 PM

Flash memory udeful life and data storage life

I understand the memory used in our little memory cards is a specialized
type of EEPROM called flash EEPROM given the way it is programmed (data is
written to it).

I read that it has a limit on the number of times it can be written to
because the stress takes its toll on the tiny capacitor in each cell after
numerous writes. I am not clear on the mean number of writes before failure.

I'm also curious on how long the card will hold its data before the charge
on the tiny capacitors leak off rendering the data to garbage.

Thanks, John