Velocity Reviews

-   -   Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t245599-implications-of-importing-canon-10d-300d-from-us-to-uk.html)

Martin 10-16-2003 08:28 PM

Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

Hi,

Appreciate any thoughts here other than the battery charger?

Martin

Ed E. 10-16-2003 08:42 PM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

> Appreciate any thoughts here other than the battery charger?

The charger is fine, if you simply get a different cord or an adapter for
the plug. The charger accepts 100-240 volts without any modifications.

James Hart 10-16-2003 08:43 PM

Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Appreciate any thoughts here other than the battery charger?

Mine (UK sourced) came with both UK and US leads for the charger.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

Bob Salomon 10-16-2003 08:56 PM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

In article <vou0gdb7t09d08@corp.supernews.com>,
"Ed E." <EdEllks@NetZero.MyPants.net> wrote:

> > Appreciate any thoughts here other than the battery charger?

> The charger is fine, if you simply get a different cord or an adapter for
> the plug. The charger accepts 100-240 volts without any modifications.

Warranty and service - if required.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Martin 10-16-2003 09:30 PM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

Hi Bob,

Does that mean that I'll be unable to get it repaired or just difficult? :)

Martin

Bob Salomon 10-16-2003 11:00 PM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

In article <1066339861.601914@ananke.eclipse.net.uk>,
"Martin" <mwelch@totalise.uk.co.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Does that mean that I'll be unable to get it repaired or just difficult? :)
>
> Martin
>
> "Bob Salomon" <bob_salomon@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > > The charger is fine, if you simply get a different cord or an adapter

> for
> > > the plug. The charger accepts 100-240 volts without any modifications.
> > >

> > Warranty and service - if required.
> >
> > --
> > To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

That is something you would have to ask Canon in your country.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

FOR7b 10-17-2003 04:36 AM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

>> Appreciate any thoughts here other than the battery charger?
>
>The charger is fine, if you simply get a different cord or an adapter for
>the plug. The charger accepts 100-240 volts without any modifications.

Just an inexpensive cord plug adaptor. A couple of dollars here for a British
one.

for7b@aol.com

10-17-2003 10:17 AM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

Import duties. Unless you are going to bring the camera back in person, you
are quite likely to get an import tax bill. This will probably make your cam
as expensive as if you bought in the UK.

Warranties - your warranty will probably only be valid in the US. Do you
fancy sending it to the states if it goes wrong?

Mike Brodbelt 10-17-2003 10:31 AM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:00:20 -0400, Bob Salomon wrote:

<snip>

>> > Warranty and service - if required.

<snip>

> That is something you would have to ask Canon in your country.

Warranty on Canon SLR bodies purchased from Canon USA is valid worldwide.
See http://www.usa.canon.com/html/support/slrfaq.html for details.

Mike.

Martin 10-19-2003 06:57 AM

Re: Implications of importing Canon 10D/300D from US to UK?

Even if it's a gift?