Velocity Reviews

-   -   100 good quality digital camera? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t245065-100-good-quality-digital-camera.html)

Kidda 10-06-2003 07:57 PM

100 good quality digital camera?

Hi,

Can anybody here recommended a 100 (or a bit more) small digital
camera...to be used for short trips when I don't want to lug my Fuji 602
around...

Possibly using: SmartMedia AA batteries and 2 -3 MP...

Cheers

Lee

Paul Heslop 10-06-2003 11:32 PM

Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=A3100?= good quality digital camera?

Kidda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody here recommended a 100 (or a bit more) small digital
> camera...to be used for short trips when I don't want to lug my Fuji 602
> around...
>
> Possibly using: SmartMedia AA batteries and 2 -3 MP...
>
> Cheers
>
> Lee

Check out Ebuyer... but one i saw which may be a good little deal

Paul. (Love with tongues of fire)
Not what it seems...
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

JK 10-19-2003 01:17 PM

Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=A3100?= good quality digital camera?

Spend more and get something good. Asking for a good digital camera
for $100 or for 100 Quid is like asking for good shoes for $20. It is not
reasonable.

Paul Heslop 10-19-2003 11:33 PM

JK wrote:

> Spend more and get something good. Asking for a good digital camera
> for $100 or for 100 Quid is like asking for good shoes for $20. It is not
> reasonable.
>
> Paul Heslop wrote:

I agree. I almost did the same as him but others persuaded me to shop around and get something a little
better. But then if your budget really is limited etc.

jeebus 10-20-2003 03:16 PM

Re: 100 good quality digital camera?

> I agree. I almost did the same as him but others persuaded me to shop
around and get something a little
> better. But then if your budget really is limited etc.

ebay - have a look for an olympus c920 or c960 - only 1.3mp but very good
cameras with a 3x optical zoom and can be had quite cheap, they use smart
media too (and only 29 for a 128mb SM card from 7day shop)

Paul Heslop 10-20-2003 07:35 PM

jeebus wrote:

> > I agree. I almost did the same as him but others persuaded me to shop

> around and get something a little
> > better. But then if your budget really is limited etc.
> >

> ebay - have a look for an olympus c920 or c960 - only 1.3mp but very good
> cameras with a 3x optical zoom and can be had quite cheap, they use smart
> media too (and only 29 for a 128mb SM card from 7day shop)

It's not actually my post, someone called Kidda I think, though I haven't
seen a response from him. 3x optical zoom eh? Would be cool little cam for a
kid to learn on.