Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tripod for G3? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t244737-tripod-for-g3.html)

BLueCoBra 10-01-2003 02:47 AM

Tripod for G3?

I'm looking to buy a tripod for my G3. I don't want a very expensive one,
just one that will keep the camera more steady than my hands ever do. I'm
thinking of around the $50-ish range. Is this feasible? You ppl gave me good
advice before, let's see if you can do it again! ;-) jk. TIA
--
BLueCoBra

-- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

Terry 10-01-2003 10:59 AM

Re: Tripod for G3?

My wife gave me a Promaster 6100 for my birthday to use with my G5, and I am
very happy with it. 61" fully extended. 24" folded up so it fits in most
suitcases or travel bags. . Only 3.6 lbs. I am 6'2" and went back to the
camera store to look at a taller model. The 73" extended model was more
than twice the price and double the weight. The price did not bother me, it
was the weight that made the decision. The fact that it is so light means I
carry it around more. I use the LCD to shoot most of the time anyway, and I
like to see the settings on top of the camera so turns out it is tall
enough. The quick connector is square and the same width as the camera so
you can leave it on all the time. The fact that it is square allows you to
put it on facing any direction so you can angle the camera any way you want.
Two snap locks on each leg so it could not be easier to use. Retail is
$59.95. I have seen it on line & got mine at Larmon photo on sale for $40.

BLueCoBra 10-02-2003 01:56 AM

Re: Tripod for G3?

Sounds good, think I'll check it out. Thanks!

Steven M. Scharf 10-02-2003 03:22 PM

Re: Tripod for G3?

"BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to buy a tripod for my G3. I don't want a very expensive one,
> just one that will keep the camera more steady than my hands ever do. I'm
> thinking of around the $50-ish range. Is this feasible? You ppl gave me

good
> advice before, let's see if you can do it again! ;-) jk. TIA

http://traveltripod.com

$50 is pushing it. The Velbon 343E is around $60-70. Do a Froogle search, a
Yahoo
shopping search, a pricegrabber.com and an eBay search. Compare shipping
charges
too.