Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: transparency printing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t244117-re-transparency-printing.html)

Ray Fischer 09-22-2003 01:47 AM

Re: transparency printing

Rob Crossley <RobbieCrossley@Onetel.net.uk> wrote:
>I probably don't follow this newsgroup as closely
>as I might, but I'm seeking advice regarding printing
>photos on transparent media...
>
>Ideally I'd like to print on tranparent media at photo
>quality .. But to date I've received differing opinions as
>to whether this is possible..

It's possible. Visit Kinkos. Those fancy color copies can copy
to transparencies, and I'd bet they even have the capability to
take digital media and produce transparencies from that.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

Phil Stripling 09-22-2003 02:47 AM

Re: transparency printing

rfischer@bolt.sonic.net (Ray Fischer) writes:

> Rob Crossley <RobbieCrossley@Onetel.net.uk> wrote:
>SNIP<
> >Ideally I'd like to print on tranparent media at photo
> >quality .. But to date I've received differing opinions as
> >to whether this is possible..

> It's possible. Visit Kinkos. Those fancy color copies can copy
> to transparencies, and I'd bet they even have the capability to
> take digital media and produce transparencies from that.

I print photos to overhead transparencies with a color inkjet printer. I
don't want the 8.5 x 11 inch size, so I set the image program to print to a
specific size, then trim the transparency to fit the image.

One issue is the backlighting. You need to experiment to get the correct
levels and brightness -- depending on the level of backlighting, the image
may be too dark or light.

the Body Electric 03-28-2008 08:39 PM

durability

I'm a first time user, so I may be replying to an older post. In any case, I am curious about how long these transparencies last. I am interested in printing transparencies, mounting them, and selling them as fine art. Does anyone out there have experience printing color transparencies from digital images? Will the colors fade over time, or should they last more or less indefinitely?