Velocity Reviews

-   -   PhotoEnhancer for Kodak DC40 needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t243955-photoenhancer-for-kodak-dc40-needed.html)

jmiddleton@carolina.rr.com 09-18-2003 07:10 PM

PhotoEnhancer for Kodak DC40 needed

When I bought my Kodak DC40 camera back in the mid 1990s it was
bundled with PhotoEnhancer software version 2.1 for Windows. My PC
crashed and I replaced it and updated to Windows 2000. I tried to
reload my PhotoEnhancer software but the SETUP on Disk #1 of 2 cannot
be read with my disk drive. I tried to read it on another PC without
any luck. Can anyone help me replace this bad disk? I understand
that there is nolonger any support for this software. Would it be
possible to zip a copy of this disk to me or give me some advice on
how to restore my program.

John in NC
jmiddleton@carolina.rr.com

Savidge4 09-18-2003 08:24 PM

Re: PhotoEnhancer for Kodak DC40 needed

>When I bought my Kodak DC40 camera back in the mid 1990s it was
>bundled with PhotoEnhancer software version 2.1 for Windows. My PC
>crashed and I replaced it and updated to Windows 2000. I tried to
>reload my PhotoEnhancer software but the SETUP on Disk #1 of 2 cannot
>be read with my disk drive. I tried to read it on another PC without
>any luck. Can anyone help me replace this bad disk? I understand
>that there is nolonger any support for this software. Would it be
>possible to zip a copy of this disk to me or give me some advice on
>how to restore my program.
>
>John in NC
>jmiddleton@carolina.rr.com

I might suggest trying the current version of Kodaks easy share software and
see if your camera is supported.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...ructions.jhtml

it cant hurt to try it!

Ron Baird 09-22-2003 06:45 PM

Re: PhotoEnhancer for Kodak DC40 needed

Greetings John,

The issue is not with the CD but the fact that the software (a third party
feature and option that was offered) is not compatible with your operating
system. If you want that software or the latest version of software, you
can get it from the Kodak website. What you cannot do, is install it to
your Windows 2000 operating system.

Please visit the following webpage for details on what remains available for
your system. At the same time, I suggest you go to later site for details
on what remains to be offered for Photoenhancer.

http://www.kodak.com/go/dc40

http://www.photoenhancer.com

After you have tried these resources and you have questions, let me know and
I will try to help further.

Ron Baird
Kodak

news:5df480ca.0309181110.7403b55b@posting.google.c om...

rz22g 04-13-2011 07:09 PM

I know this thread is old but its one of the few I can find about this topic.

The DC40 was my first digital camera back in the mid 90's. I still it and the cable and the camera is operational. I also purchased a USB to Serial adapter and when plugged into my Windows 7 machine you can hear the camera activate as it normally did on older systems.

The issue is I cannot find a way to get the files off the camera. Even I do that I am not sure that I would be able to open them due to their format but first things first.. I need them off the camera on my Windows 7 machine.

Any help appreciated.

Sccoby63 07-11-2011 10:27 AM

Hi John

Try this link. its a program that converts the Kodak picture format KDC to more common ones. It will also reader the files off the camera.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/s...Download.shtml