Velocity Reviews

-   -   Model Release Question. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t243561-model-release-question.html)

GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net 09-13-2003 04:56 AM

Model Release Question.

If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

GK
===================================
Of Course The Address is Munged

===================================

Todd Walker 09-13-2003 05:38 AM

Re: Model Release Question.

In article <fv85mv4mcqsnujc4io59nck1vi7kc7ne93@4ax.com>,
GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net says...
> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?
>
> GK
> ===================================
> Of Course The Address is Munged
>
> ===================================

No. Who's gonna sue you for using their childrens' images without
consent? :-)

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Tom Thackrey 09-13-2003 06:40 AM

Re: Model Release Question.

On 12-Sep-2003, GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net wrote:

> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

It depends on who you sell the photos to. They may want a release before
publishing them in a book, for example. The good news is, assuming you have
legal custody, you can sign the release.

--
Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com

Mxsmanic 09-13-2003 09:33 AM

Re: Model Release Question.

GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net writes:

> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

Yes. If they are 18 or older, they must sign the model release
themselves.

f1 studios 09-13-2003 02:53 PM

Re: Model Release Question.

AFAIK they can sign their own model release at 16 in UK

Mike
www.f1studios.co.uk

mark_digital© 09-13-2003 08:34 PM

Re: Model Release Question.

<GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
to sign the release to yourself???

Ms. Jaime 09-13-2003 08:40 PM

Re: Model Release Question.

><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
>news:fv85mv4mcqsnujc4io59nck1vi7kc7ne93@4ax.com.. .
>> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
>> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

No. Just follow the kids around with the camera and drive them up the
wall. :-)

It's what I do. LOL

Ms.Jaime

"This, is an ex-parrot"

GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net 09-14-2003 02:46 AM

Re: Model Release Question.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:34:13 -0400, "mark_digital©" <care@none.com>
wrote:

><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
>news:fv85mv4mcqsnujc4io59nck1vi7kc7ne93@4ax.com.. .
>> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
>> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

>You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
>to sign the release to yourself???

Well, that's the question, what if an advertising firm or book firm
wants to see the release are they gonna go on my word? or would they
at the very least expect a spouse to do a release?

GK
===================================

Charlie Self 09-14-2003 08:15 AM

Re: Model Release Question.

GrailKing asks:

>><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
>>news:fv85mv4mcqsnujc4io59nck1vi7kc7ne93@4ax.com. ..
>>> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
>>> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

>>You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
>>to sign the release to yourself???
>>

>Well, that's the question, what if an advertising firm or book firm
>wants to see the release are they gonna go on my word? or would they
>at the very least expect a spouse to do a release?

You're the one who signs the release for your kids if the agency asks for it.
Otherwise, don't worry about it. You give them a standard release; they pay you
their standard rate.

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without
integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
Samuel Johnson