Velocity Reviews

-   -   Epson photo paper at Costco (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t241825-epson-photo-paper-at-costco.html)

Dave 08-23-2003 01:20 AM

Epson photo paper at Costco

I've been buying Epson Glossy Photo Paper (S041141) at Costco because
of the good quality at a great price ($20 for 100 sheets). Today when
I went to Costco to pick up another pack I noticed that there are now
120 sheets per pack (same price) and there's a sticker on the box that
says that this paper is "New and Improved, 99 ISO Brightness, More
vibrant colors!" The old paper used to have 89 ISO brightness; in
fact the box still says so (the sticker must have been added later).
Anyone know what's going on? Is the paper now really 99 ISO
brightness?

Dave
Dallas, TX

photo35744 08-23-2003 02:24 AM

Re: Epson photo paper at Costco

Try it out.
news:2416d91f.0308221720.2985222b@posting.google.c om...

Susan Klein 08-23-2003 02:31 AM

Re: Epson photo paper at Costco

> I've been buying Epson Glossy Photo Paper (S041141) at Costco because
> of the good quality at a great price ($20 for 100 sheets).

Isn't that a misnomer? :)

> Today when
> I went to Costco to pick up another pack I noticed that there are now
> 120 sheets per pack (same price)

I would take back the extra 20 sheets and complain.

> and there's a sticker on the box that
> says that this paper is "New and Improved, 99 ISO Brightness, More
> vibrant colors!"

Great, all you need is more vibrant colored photos to put in your photo
album to make the other ones you have look like crap in comparison.
Now you have to have all those reprinted on the new paper to match, and
this is how those bastards get extra $$$$ out of you!

> The old paper used to have 89 ISO brightness; in
> fact the box still says so (the sticker must have been added later).
> Anyone know what's going on? Is the paper now really 99 ISO
> brightness?

Just a scam to get you to reprint all the photos you did on the old paper
so they match your new ones. Then in a year they will "improve" it again
and you are screwed again out of more $$$$.

bmoag 08-23-2003 03:33 AM

Re: Epson photo paper at Costco

Be grateful to Costco: this is one of the great bargains in digital
photography. I have been using reams of this paper from Costco through
generation of Epson photoprinters.

Paul D. Sullivan 08-23-2003 12:52 PM

Re: Epson photo paper at Costco

Ditto - it is a fantastic deal. I hope the new bundle is as good
in terms of print quality and dry time.