Velocity Reviews

-   -   Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t241686-just-bought-new-kodak-dx4900-comments-please.html)

Cube 08-21-2003 02:32 PM

Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please

I just bought a Kodak dx4900, 4 megapixel camera for $ 390.00
Canadian(not reconditioned). I haven't opened it yet. I bought it on a
whim, i went to the store to buy a scanner and somehow ended up
looking at the cameras and they only had one left listed at $550
CDN.After yapping for an hour he gave it to me for $390 CDN taxes
included.
Did I get a good camera?
Was it a deal?
Should I trade it in for something else in the same megapixel range
with better reviews?
Sorry it is my first plunge into digital from minoltal SLR.
Thanx
Dane

Mark Weaver 08-21-2003 06:49 PM

Re: Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please

Seems like a decent, but not great deal. That's an older model -- either
discontinued or soon to be -- with only a 2X optical zoom, I believe. I'd
prefer a recent 3MP, 3X zoom camera like the Canon A70 over the Kodak
DX4900.

Mark

news:7be76991.0308210632.7ed6bd27@posting.google.c om...

Canongirly 08-21-2003 10:40 PM

Re: Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please

Throw it in the bin...you bought a piece of crap for too much money

Next time you leave the house buy a car....you proberbly only went out to
get a quart of milk but what the hey.