Velocity Reviews

-   -   Broadway Photo on the net. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t241065-broadway-photo-on-the-net.html)

ScorpionKing@attNOSPAM.net 08-13-2003 05:18 PM

Broadway Photo on the net.

I posted here a week or more ago asking about B&H Photo. Most posters
if not all politely replied that I would Have no problems with them.

HAving read these relies and my heart set on a new Sony V-1 I went on
the net at 01:00 and started doing my last minute research on the V1
to make sure this is what I really wanted. About an hour later and
fading fast, was prepared to buy it when as luck would have it, an ad
for B&H photo was sitting on the right side of my screen on some web
page. I click. I see. I see that B&H has what appears to be the
best price on the net for a Sony V1. WOW! I'm one lucky guy. I buy.

so now it's a day later and I get a call about my order. The kid on
the phone tries to get me to buy all this other crap that i don't
want. All told It takes me about 4 minutes of saying no to get rid of
him. I'm confused because I thought I'd read that B&H didn't do this.
Later in the day I get an e-mail confirmation that my order for a V1
with BROADWAY PHOTO has been processed. WHAT???????? I ordered from
B&H! I check my IE history and low and behold, I did go to Broadway
Photo's site. I was on the ragged edge when I placed the order, but I
didn't know I was that out of it.

Now I go on and do a search for ratings of Broadway Photo. I go
further and check the news group. GOD HELP ME! What have I done?
Everyone bar none had some problem with gray market, pushy sales
people, miss billings, bad service, ect.

I was all se to cancel my order when I realized that I could just wait
it out a bit and see what happens. If they are as bad as everyone
says or I'm unhappy, i will just call my credit card company.

I week and a half later UPS delivers a New, UNopened, Sony V1 with all
the US warranties, not in store, and an original Sony manual, not
photo copied.

Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
right with Broadway Photo?

I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one of
the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?

I haven't played with the camera yet, maybe I should hold for awhile?
--
Like a game of pick up stick played by ****ing lunatics

Charlie Self 08-13-2003 09:00 PM

Re: Broadway Photo on the net.

Scorpion King writes:

>Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
>right with Broadway Photo?
>
>I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one of
>the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?

Doesn't matter if it was a fluke or not...you got what you ordered in a timely
manner, without much hassles. Seems to me a favorable report is in order,
regardless of alleged past performance with people you don't know.

Charlie Self

"The future will be better tomorrow."
Dan Quayle

ScorpionKing@attNOSPAM.net 08-13-2003 09:04 PM

Re: Broadway Photo on the net.

On 13 Aug 2003 21:00:16 GMT, charliediy@aol.combleah (Charlie Self)
wrote:

>Scorpion King writes:
>
>>Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
>>right with Broadway Photo?
>>
>>I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one

of
>>the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?
>>

>Doesn't matter if it was a fluke or not...you got what you ordered in

a timely
>manner, without much hassles. Seems to me a favorable report is in

order,
>regardless of alleged past performance with people you don't know.
>
>Charlie Self
>
>"The future will be better tomorrow."
>Dan Quayle

I suppose you're right.