Velocity Reviews

-   -   D100 Question: Image Sharpening (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t240823-d100-question-image-sharpening.html)

jeff liss 08-10-2003 02:51 AM

D100 Question: Image Sharpening

I want my images to be razor-sharp. Do any of you use the "HIGH" image
sharpening option? What's the difference between images shot in that
mode and ones shot in "Auto," "Normal," and "None"? I've been using
the "high" mode, but wonder what I am giving up or getting too much
of? Any help is appreciated.

Chris Hoopes 08-10-2003 03:23 AM

Re: D100 Question: Image Sharpening

There are good examples of the D-100 sharpening on
http://www.dpreview.com. If you are shooting JPG and looking to do no post
processing, setting to HIGH may be what you are looking for - some people
like the results right out of the camera that way. If you are going to do
any post processing (via unsharp mask), leave sharpening turned off in the
camera and use unsharp mask once all other processing is done. This will
keep added artifacts and halos to a minimum.

news:89b0df2b.0308091851.1d78b5a5@posting.google.c om...