Velocity Reviews

-   -   newbie delurking, a lighting question, and a pricing question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t240738-newbie-delurking-a-lighting-question-and-a-pricing-question.html)

verminiusrex 08-08-2003 09:26 PM

newbie delurking, a lighting question, and a pricing question

Hello. I'm a hobbiest photographer, currently using a Kodak DC4800
which I hope to upgrade to a Canon G3 soon. I'm working on a lighting
setup using clamp lamps with aluminum hoods sprayed with white primer
for diffusion (suggested to me by the camera store as a poor man's
lighting setup), and wanted lighting suggestions from anyone who cared
to chime in. I was also wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an
online place to get the G3. Currently, newegg.com has it for $699,
and I wanted to know if there was any place that had a compeditive
price and a good reputation.

Thanks,
Verminius Rex

Jon 08-08-2003 09:32 PM

Re: newbie delurking, a lighting question, and a pricing question

verminiusrex@hotmail.com (verminiusrex) wrote in
news:56abb764.0308081326.4976bf23@posting.google.c om:

> Hello. I'm a hobbiest photographer, currently using a Kodak DC4800
> which I hope to upgrade to a Canon G3 soon. I'm working on a lighting
> setup using clamp lamps with aluminum hoods sprayed with white primer
> for diffusion (suggested to me by the camera store as a poor man's
> lighting setup), and wanted lighting suggestions from anyone who cared
> to chime in. I was also wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an
> online place to get the G3. Currently, newegg.com has it for $699,
> and I wanted to know if there was any place that had a compeditive
> price and a good reputation.
>
> Thanks,
> Verminius Rex

Amazon.com is alot cheaper than that.

or go to nextag.com.

Beachcamera.com

Just go to google.com and search Canon G3.

MANY OPTIONS

HRosita 08-08-2003 10:10 PM

Re: newbie delurking, a lighting question, and a pricing question

>verminiusrex wrote:

> I was also wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an
>online place to get the G3.

Check out www.pcnation.com
I have shopped from them quite a few times and have been very happy.
They have the G3 for $518.65, free ground shipping.
Rosita