Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: widows xp resizing images (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t240617-re-widows-xp-resizing-images.html)

Hal Lowe 08-07-2003 11:24 AM

"chaz" <NO003d7402@SPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Y2qYa.1121$NX3.9805006@news-text.cableinet.net...
> I once very quickly resized lots of images with xp to (what they

considered
> to be) medium and small sizes and saved them all to a new folder, but I
> tried to do it again and cant seem to work out how I did it. I tried

looking
> in the help file but no luck. any ideas?
>
> chaz

Hello Chaz,

Open a folder/window containing the pictures of interest. Select those you
wish to alter. Right click and select "Resize Pictures." You'll see the
list of choices that you're referring to above.

Regards,

Hal Lowe
www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
(digital photography resources)

Hal Lowe 08-07-2003 01:09 PM

> > Open a folder/window containing the pictures of interest. Select those

> you
> > wish to alter. Right click and select "Resize Pictures." You'll see

the
> > list of choices that you're referring to above.

> yeah that's what I thought.... but I swear I don't have that option on

right
> click now! I've re read the options several times now but no resize!
> that was a really handy way for me to resize too!
>
> chaz

Hmmm...well, I believe the functionality is added with Windows PowerToys.
So, either you've uninstalled them or they've decided not to work for some
reason (perhaps something you added later caused a problem).

Anyway, try reinstalling WinXP PowerToys and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...DisplayLang=en

If this link doesn't work for you, just go the Windows update page and click
on "All Products|Downloads."

Good luck,

Hal Lowe 08-07-2003 01:11 PM

Re: widows xp resizing images

Actually, this is probably a better link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

chaz 08-07-2003 01:20 PM

Re: widows xp resizing images

thanks!

Mikey 08-07-2003 01:23 PM

Re: widows xp resizing images

do you have the resizer installed? It's not built in, you have to get it.
It's free though.. well worth getting for any XP user, it's handy at times
even if you normally use other tools for editing.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

--

Mikey
http://www.mike721.com