Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Auto rotate JPEGs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t240495-re-auto-rotate-jpegs.html)

Guido Vollbeding 08-05-2003 05:20 PM

Re: Auto rotate JPEGs

Janko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to find a software that would automatically rotate my
> JPEG photos by EXIF Orientation tag. The only solution I could
> find by now is Photoshop, but unfortunately it "forgets" some of
> the (probably non standard) fields. Other programs (like
> IrfanView) do rotate the image, but do not update the EXIF
> Orientation tag.
>
> Is there a (possibly free) program that does this by batch?

exifautotran is an open source Unix script which does this:

http://jpegclub.org/exif_orientation.html

Note: It is important to use the Exif patched jpegtran version
for this to work (see Exif Patch Page).
ABC-View is a Windows application which uses this procedure:

http://www.abc-view.com/articles/article5.html

Regards
Guido