Velocity Reviews

-   -   Where to get good 18x12 prints from TIFF in the UK (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t240465-where-to-get-good-18x12-prints-from-tiff-in-the-uk.html)

SimonG Ltd. 08-05-2003 07:15 AM

Where to get good 18x12 prints from TIFF in the UK

Hi, I recently had a couple of 18x12 prints made from TIFF files at Peak
Imaging, I usually can't fault their results but this time there was a
problem. I sent the prints back to them because the greens were wrong, much
too dark in comparison to my Epson 950. I had a phone call and they told me
that they have problems with greens because of the process they use, LED
printer. They re-printed or me at a smaller size on a different printer,
the results are better but not really good enough for my needs.

Anyone have any other suggestions of pro-am labs that will do prints from
TIFFs at 18x12 ?

regards, SG

SimonG Ltd. 08-05-2003 10:39 PM

Re: Where to get good 18x12 prints from TIFF in the UK

"T Strong" <who@XXXwhere.com> wrote in message

> "SimonG Ltd." <spam@simong.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi, I recently had a couple of 18x12 prints made from TIFF files at

Peak
> > Imaging, I usually can't fault their results but this time there was a
> > problem. I sent the prints back to them because the greens were wrong,

> much
> > too dark in comparison to my Epson 950. I had a phone call and they

told
> me
> > that they have problems with greens because of the process they use,

LED
> > printer. They re-printed or me at a smaller size on a different

printer,
> > the results are better but not really good enough for my needs.
> >
> > Anyone have any other suggestions of pro-am labs that will do prints

from
> > TIFFs at 18x12 ?
> >

> have been looking for similar myself
>
> found
>
> http://www.phoenix-imaging.com/pages/digitaldeals.html
>
> Not yet used, but spoke to them on phone for about 15 minutes and they do
> seem helpful and switched on.
>
> Also offer "package deals" which lower costs quite a bit, e.g
>
> 20 prints of 18" x 12" for 80 (plus VAT and postage)

Will give them a call, their on-line form doesn't work, thanks for the
suggestion.

For a sample of the problem image look here:

http://www.f1album.co.uk/displayimag...up&cat=0&pos=2

kind regards, SG