Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: video on kodak dx6340? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t239942-re-video-on-kodak-dx6340.html)

Ron Baird 07-30-2003 02:29 PM

Re: video on kodak dx6340?

Greetings Mike,

The DX6340 is a great camera and I know you will enjoy it.

As to the video feature and length of movie, keep in mind that the camera is
really a still camera with the option of capturing video clips etc. I would
not choose the camera to make an entire video or movie. It is possible of
course, but if that is the need or intent, a video camera is going to give
you far better results. If you want a mix, however, then the DX6340 is a
good choice.

With a DX6340 camera and a 128 meg memory card, you should be able to record
about 11 minutes, 40 seconds. Be sure you have extra battery packs as that
is a long running time and may drain the camera power supply. I would bring
along extra rechargeables, or use Lithium back up. I have copied over the
information from the website.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...2s6.jhtml#CFAB
DBHG

16 MB internal memory
1 min., 21 sec.

16 MB MMC/SD
1 min., 21 sec.

32 MB MMC/SD
2 min., 50 sec.

64 MB MMC/SD
5 min., 40 sec.

128 MB MMC/SD
11 min., 40 sec.

256 MB MMC/SD
23 min.

Good luck, let me know if you have questions.

Ron Baird
Kodak

news:n3GVa.202$JL.11851805@newssvr15.news.prodigy. com...

mike 07-30-2003 11:36 PM

Re: video on kodak dx6340?

thanks ron,

but which quality setting provides the 11 minutes plus? the 160 or 320?

thanks,

mike

Stephen Leslie 07-31-2003 05:55 AM

Re: video on kodak dx6340?

Hi Mike,

Just see how long you get on the 16Mb internal memory and whichever matches
up to 1min 21sec is your answer.

You'll find that memory space is just doubled up so all you are doing is
increasing the time factor by 2 each time you get a bigger memory card.

Hope that helps and enjoy the camera.

Cheers,
Stephen