Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: looking 4 a large picture of the Eiffel Tower (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t239519-re-looking-4-a-large-picture-of-the-eiffel-tower.html)

Neil Maxwell 07-28-2003 07:25 PM

Re: looking 4 a large picture of the Eiffel Tower

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:07:32 +0200, "anonymous"
<polar_usenetREMOVE_THESE_UPPER_CASE_CHARACTERS@wa nadoo.be> wrote:

>I am urgently (by 18:00 UTC today at the very latest) looking for a nice
>large picture of the Eiffel Tower. Any digital image above about 3/4
>megapixel will do. It's meant just for one-time personal use. So no
>copyright issues or large-scale publishing of your picture.

May be too late, but a good resource is to go to www.google.com, click
on "images", click on "advanced image search", and use the "size"
dropdown to select "very large" or "wallpaper sized". Put "eiffel"
or "eiffel tower" in the text box, and start scoping them out.

anonymous 07-28-2003 07:42 PM

Re: looking 4 a large picture of the Eiffel Tower

"Neil Maxwell" <neil.maxwell@nospam.intel.com> schreef in bericht
> May be too late, but a good resource is to go to www.google.com, click
> on "images", click on "advanced image search", and use the "size"
> dropdown to select "very large" or "wallpaper sized". Put "eiffel"
> or "eiffel tower" in the text box, and start scoping them out.

Thanks, but already did so this morning. None of the pictures was really
big/sharp enough, which is why I turned to several newsgroups. Google
Images is usually the first place I go when I'm looking for images.
Polar

Jonas Holmkvist 07-28-2003 10:08 PM

anonymous wrote:
> "Neil Maxwell" <neil.maxwell@nospam.intel.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>May be too late, but a good resource is to go to www.google.com, click
>>on "images", click on "advanced image search", and use the "size"
>>dropdown to select "very large" or "wallpaper sized". Put "eiffel"
>>or "eiffel tower" in the text box, and start scoping them out.

> Thanks, but already did so this morning. None of the pictures was really
> big/sharp enough, which is why I turned to several newsgroups. Google
> Images is usually the first place I go when I'm looking for images.
> Polar

Whats wrong with this one?
http://www.willamette.edu/wits/llc/I...0Tower%201.jpg
Well maybe not that sharp