Velocity Reviews

-   -   MB's Latest Trip to NYC (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t239202-mbs-latest-trip-to-nyc.html)

The Magnificent Bastard 07-24-2003 02:24 AM

MB's Latest Trip to NYC

I know my fans are dying to know about my latest trip to NYC, so here
it is -

Sunday afternoon, direct flight to La Guardia. Used frequent flier miles
for an upgrade to first class. Shammie met me at the airport and she
immediately whisked us into the city for some dinner. We strolled
around for a bit, browsing the menus at several restaurants before
deciding on Pig Heaven, an upscale Chinese restaurant on Second Avenue.
The hostess asked us if we preferred to dine inside or outside,
commenting that it was a lovely evening for outside dining. I told her
we preferred inside seating and she seated us in a secluded, yet
spacious corner both. As she seated us, she said "Ah, I see that the
gentleman would prefer to sit inside so that he can keep such a
beautiful lady all to himself. I like this plan." We had the cold
sesame noodles appetizer, vegetarian dumplings, and shared an entree of
sizzling shrimp and scallops. I tried to order one Big Daddy Kane, one
order LL Cool J, Broccoli Beef and Tupac Shakur, but the waiter seemed
confused by this.

After dinner we went for a short walk and stopped at a Korean grocery,
where I bought Shammie a bouquet of white, pink, and coral roses. We
then went back to Shammie's house and played a game of Scrabble out on
her deck.

The next day we got some sammiches from a deli and ate them along the
Hudson river and then lounged around before heading into the city that
evening. After having a couple of drinks and walking around SoHo, we
decided to have dinner at Balthazar -

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantD...staurantId=695

The food and the atmosphere was excellent. A very interesting
crowd.....Wall Street types mixed in with hipsters going for the super
cool rock star look. I think Shammie would highly recommend the
caramelized banana ricotta tart.

On Tuesday we lounged around most of the day, played a couple games of
Scrabble and then stopped for lunch on the way to the airport. As luck
would have it, La Guardia was closed for a couple of hours due to
weather and I had to shuffle between three different airlines
in order to catch a flight home last night. I would have just bailed on
the flight and spent another night, but I had an important
meeting this morning that I didn't want to re-schedule.

The return flight was one big pain, but the trip was great. Can't wait
to go back...

--
Copyright Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003. All rights reserved.

http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?= 07-24-2003 03:54 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> I know my fans are dying to know about my latest trip to NYC, so here
> it is -
>
> Sunday afternoon, direct flight to La Guardia. Used frequent flier miles
> for an upgrade to first class. Shammie met me at the airport and she
> immediately whisked us into the city for some dinner. We strolled
> around for a bit, browsing the menus at several restaurants before
> deciding on Pig Heaven, an upscale Chinese restaurant on Second Avenue.
> The hostess asked us if we preferred to dine inside or outside,
> commenting that it was a lovely evening for outside dining. I told her
> we preferred inside seating and she seated us in a secluded, yet
> spacious corner both. As she seated us, she said "Ah, I see that the
> gentleman would prefer to sit inside so that he can keep such a
> beautiful lady all to himself. I like this plan." We had the cold
> sesame noodles appetizer, vegetarian dumplings, and shared an entree of
> sizzling shrimp and scallops. I tried to order one Big Daddy Kane, one
> order LL Cool J, Broccoli Beef and Tupac Shakur, but the waiter seemed
> confused by this.
>
> After dinner we went for a short walk and stopped at a Korean grocery,
> where I bought Shammie a bouquet of white, pink, and coral roses. We
> then went back to Shammie's house and played a game of Scrabble out on
> her deck.
>
> The next day we got some sammiches from a deli and ate them along the
> Hudson river and then lounged around before heading into the city that
> evening. After having a couple of drinks and walking around SoHo, we
> decided to have dinner at Balthazar -
>
> http://www.menupages.com/restaurantD...staurantId=695
>
> The food and the atmosphere was excellent. A very interesting
> crowd.....Wall Street types mixed in with hipsters going for the super
> cool rock star look. I think Shammie would highly recommend the
> caramelized banana ricotta tart.
>
> On Tuesday we lounged around most of the day, played a couple games of
> Scrabble and then stopped for lunch on the way to the airport. As luck
> would have it, La Guardia was closed for a couple of hours due to
> weather and I had to shuffle between three different airlines
> in order to catch a flight home last night. I would have just bailed on
> the flight and spent another night, but I had an important
> meeting this morning that I didn't want to re-schedule.
>
> The return flight was one big pain, but the trip was great. Can't wait
> to go back...

Shammie will attest to all of this?

> --
> Copyright Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003. All rights reserved.
>
> http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com

--
http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

The Magnificent Bastard 07-24-2003 04:01 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:54:03 -0700, in alt.tv.real-world =?iso-8859-1?Q?
=B1?= puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It
does this whenever it's told -

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> >
> > I know my fans are dying to know about my latest trip to NYC, so here
> > it is -
> >
> > Sunday afternoon, direct flight to La Guardia. Used frequent flier miles
> > for an upgrade to first class. Shammie met me at the airport and she
> > immediately whisked us into the city for some dinner. We strolled
> > around for a bit, browsing the menus at several restaurants before
> > deciding on Pig Heaven, an upscale Chinese restaurant on Second Avenue.
> > The hostess asked us if we preferred to dine inside or outside,
> > commenting that it was a lovely evening for outside dining. I told her
> > we preferred inside seating and she seated us in a secluded, yet
> > spacious corner both. As she seated us, she said "Ah, I see that the
> > gentleman would prefer to sit inside so that he can keep such a
> > beautiful lady all to himself. I like this plan." We had the cold
> > sesame noodles appetizer, vegetarian dumplings, and shared an entree of
> > sizzling shrimp and scallops. I tried to order one Big Daddy Kane, one
> > order LL Cool J, Broccoli Beef and Tupac Shakur, but the waiter seemed
> > confused by this.
> >
> > After dinner we went for a short walk and stopped at a Korean grocery,
> > where I bought Shammie a bouquet of white, pink, and coral roses. We
> > then went back to Shammie's house and played a game of Scrabble out on
> > her deck.
> >
> > The next day we got some sammiches from a deli and ate them along the
> > Hudson river and then lounged around before heading into the city that
> > evening. After having a couple of drinks and walking around SoHo, we
> > decided to have dinner at Balthazar -
> >
> > http://www.menupages.com/restaurantD...staurantId=695
> >
> > The food and the atmosphere was excellent. A very interesting
> > crowd.....Wall Street types mixed in with hipsters going for the super
> > cool rock star look. I think Shammie would highly recommend the
> > caramelized banana ricotta tart.
> >
> > On Tuesday we lounged around most of the day, played a couple games of
> > Scrabble and then stopped for lunch on the way to the airport. As luck
> > would have it, La Guardia was closed for a couple of hours due to
> > weather and I had to shuffle between three different airlines
> > in order to catch a flight home last night. I would have just bailed on
> > the flight and spent another night, but I had an important
> > meeting this morning that I didn't want to re-schedule.
> >
> > The return flight was one big pain, but the trip was great. Can't wait
> > to go back...

> Shammie will attest to all of this?

I have no doubt that she will.

I posted links to photos of when we were in Vegas last November. It's
not like it's a big secret when we see each other.

JackBlack 07-24-2003 05:52 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

ROTFLMAO.......I love fiction.
I love the fact that you and shammie pretend to know each other.
How were the Fava beans and nice Chianti?

The Magnificent Bastard 07-24-2003 05:57 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:44:56 -0700, in alt.tv.sopranos =?iso-8859-1?Q?
=B1?= puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It
does this whenever it's told -

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:54:03 -0700, in alt.tv.real-world =?iso-8859-1?Q?
> > =B1?= puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It
> > does this whenever it's told -

> > > Shammie will attest to all of this?

> > I have no doubt that she will.
> >
> > I posted links to photos of when we were in Vegas last November. It's
> > not like it's a big secret when we see each other.

> Hmmm?
>
> What links?

They're gone now. I put the pics up at some "free" site. Turns out
that after 30 days if you don't pay $25, the site won't work anymore.

I emailed the site and told them I'd pay the $25 if they'd put the pics
back up. They emailed me back and told me to select the "upgrade"
option on the site.......there was no "upgrade" option. I emailed them
twice more and asked how to proceed and I never heard back from them.

We took the pics with Shammie's digital camera but I don't think she has
them anymore. I know that several people in the Sopranos group saw the
pictures when they were online.....but I think they are probably gone
for good.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?= 07-24-2003 06:22 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:44:56 -0700, in alt.tv.sopranos =?iso-8859-1?Q?
> =B1?= puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It
> does this whenever it's told -
>
> > The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> > >
> > > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:54:03 -0700, in alt.tv.real-world =?iso-8859-1?Q?
> > > =B1?= puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It
> > > does this whenever it's told -

> > > I have no doubt that she will.
> > >
> > > I posted links to photos of when we were in Vegas last November. It's
> > > not like it's a big secret when we see each other.

> > Hmmm?
> >
> > What links?

> They're gone now. I put the pics up at some "free" site. Turns out
> that after 30 days if you don't pay $25, the site won't work anymore.
>
> I emailed the site and told them I'd pay the $25 if they'd put the pics
> back up. They emailed me back and told me to select the "upgrade"
> option on the site.......there was no "upgrade" option. I emailed them
> twice more and asked how to proceed and I never heard back from them.
>
> We took the pics with Shammie's digital camera but I don't think she has
> them anymore. I know that several people in the Sopranos group saw the
> pictures when they were online.....but I think they are probably gone
> for good.

Fishy, fishy, fish.

> > > --
> > > Copyright Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003. All rights reserved.
> > >
> > > http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com

> --
> Copyright Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003. All rights reserved.
>
> http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com

--
http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,

Russell B 07-24-2003 09:59 AM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

Despite all his or her rage, The Magnificent Bastard
<magb@magnificentbastardproductions.com> is still just a rat in a cage:

>I know my fans are dying to know about my latest trip to NYC, so here

I got this far.

Peter Sanchez 07-24-2003 05:48 PM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

So your now forced to meet women online. Pathetic.

--
Peter Sanchez
psanchez@NOSPAM.packet-addiction.org

The Magnificent Bastard 07-24-2003 07:15 PM

Re: MB's Latest Trip to NYC

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:48:02 -0600, in alt.tv.sopranos Peter Sanchez
puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It does this
whenever it's told -

> So your now forced to meet women online. Pathetic.

Forced? No.

Now stop top posting.