Velocity Reviews

-   -   COOLPIX 880 - CF format problem (and solution) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t239148-coolpix-880-cf-format-problem-and-solution.html)

Luca Simone 07-23-2003 01:40 PM

COOLPIX 880 - CF format problem (and solution)

My Coolpix 880, after three years of perfect work, stopped formatting
the Compact Flash card, hanging in the "Formatting..." screen until
the battery is removed.

With a CF formatted with another Nikon camera, everything is working
until I try to re-format it again with my camera.

The solution is to force a firmware upgrade again. Even if the camera
already had the 1.1 version, the problem disappeared with a new
firmware installation.