Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Maximum clock frequency ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t23895-re-maximum-clock-frequency.html)

Skybuck Flying 08-02-2005 12:49 PM

Re: Maximum clock frequency ?

Well, I have thought a little bit about my question if it is possible to
transfer data from main memory to the cpu and back without requiring a
clock.

The way to do this would be to make "special cables" or "special wires"
which actually simply consists out of a sort of circuitry or transistors or
stuff like that.

The transistors or circuits orwhatever in the cable/wire simply pass bits
from transitor to transitor... or something like that ;)

As fast as they can :) etc... :)

Bye,
Skybuck.