Velocity Reviews

-   -   which camera must I buy? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238376-which-camera-must-i-buy.html)

Da Mike 07-13-2003 10:14 AM

which camera must I buy?

Hi

I'm very interested in art photography, but I never touched a professional
camera before.

Which (digital) camera is best for art photography (budget +- 1500euro) ?
Where do I start?
Every tip and information is welcome!

Mike

max 07-13-2003 10:46 AM

Re: which camera must I buy?

> Hi
>
> I'm very interested in art photography, but I never touched a professional
> camera before.
>
> Which (digital) camera is best for art photography (budget +- 1500euro) ?
> Where do I start?
> Every tip and information is welcome!
>
> Mike

The Fuji S2 is about 1550 euro on some webshops in Germany,
you'll have to add lenses, batteries and CF cards, but you'll have
pro quality at under 2000euro. You should be able to pick up
a used D1, D30 or D60 for about 1200euro.. And youll be a lot
better off than with any of the small so called prosumer digicams.
-max-

Da Mike 07-13-2003 11:54 AM

Re: which camera must I buy?

"Da Mike" <askdamike@domain.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi
>
> I'm very interested in art photography, but I never touched a professional
> camera before.
>
> Which (digital) camera is best for art photography (budget +- 1500euro) ?
> Where do I start?
> Every tip and information is welcome!
>
> Mike

Also, where do I learn photography? By that I mean the theorie, like
shuttertime, all the different lenses, how to use, ..

Mike