Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Canon 10D - just to let you know. and "Err 99" blinking. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238374-re-canon-10d-just-to-let-you-know-and-err-99-blinking.html)

Lionel 07-13-2003 10:07 AM

Re: Canon 10D - just to let you know. and "Err 99" blinking.

On 11 Jun 2003 07:35:34 GMT, in
<20030611033534.27503.00000452@mb-m24.aol.com>, sufsch@aol.comSUSSAN (S
f S) said:

>Some Sigma lenses made before December 2000 will require upgrading in order to
>function properly with the Elan 7 and EOS 10D camera. This modification is not
>necessary for Sigma HSM type lenses. There may be no outward indication that
>the lens is not performing properly with the Elan 7 and EOS 10D camera. Owners
>who believe their lens may require modification should contact Sigma's Service
>department for instructions on how to have their lens upgraded.
>
>The lens should then be sent to Sigma’s Service Department, with a note
>describing that the lens will be used with the new camera. Sigma technicians
>will then perform the necessary upgrade.

....unless the lens is "too old", which is what the local Sigma reseller
& Sigma USA told me when I asked about the "Error 99" problem I get with
my Sigma lens.
They sure as hell won't be getting any of my future business.