Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon file viewer 1.2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238204-canon-file-viewer-1-2-a.html)

snowball 07-11-2003 07:07 AM

Canon file viewer 1.2

Has anyone noticed problems with the above upgrade for a g3 using xp?

Dave 07-11-2003 09:08 AM

Re: Canon file viewer 1.2

I upgrade my PC to File Viewer, latest version, and did not have any
problems. I realized I was taking a risk, because I had seen a couple
references to problems on this newsgroup. However, was able to convert my
D60 RAW files with no problem. I do NOT use this program to download files
from my camera. I use card reader for that.

news:wmtPa.406858$3C2.11136217@news3.calgary.shaw. ca...

snowball 07-11-2003 07:42 PM

Re: Canon file viewer 1.2

Ok...more on this saga. Now i go to the knowledge site instead of drivers
and see the same patch there without zip... it installs directly with no
problems except there is no uninstall at add/remove like the zipped patch
had at the driver site.I don't know whats going on....comments anyone?

Basiltoo 07-11-2003 10:22 PM

Re: Canon file viewer 1.2

"snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in
news:SqEPa.414783$ro6.9944037@news2.calgary.shaw.c a:

> Ok...more on this saga. Now i go to the knowledge site instead of
> drivers and see the same patch there without zip... it installs
> directly with no problems except there is no uninstall at add/remove
> like the zipped patch had at the driver site.I don't know whats going
> on....comments anyone? "snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
> news:wmtPa.406858$3C2.11136217@news3.calgary.shaw. ca...
>> Has anyone noticed problems with the above upgrade for a g3 using xp?

No problems with the upgrade BUT what an absolutely DIRE piece of
software this is. It is impossible to navigate around the computer
properly (in XP anyway) and they still haven't fixed the high contrast
problem for the G3 - I don't know if it is the same for other supported
cameras.

I use Breezebrowser and only upgraded the Canon software in the hope
that the dlls would have been fixed for Breezebrowser.

--
Regards,
Baz

http://www.trevellan.co.uk