Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: in-camera charging (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238131-re-in-camera-charging.html)

WP20032 07-10-2003 07:38 PM

Re: in-camera charging

>For those of you with cameras that require you to take the battery out and
>put it into a charger, how much of an annoyance is this for you?

I have a Nikon 880, and external charging has been no problem....with one
exception. Sometimes at night, I put the battery in the charger and forget it
until the next day. Then the camera has had time to "forget" all of the
presets, and I have to go through that process of setting time/date, etc.
Otherwise....no issue.
--Wayne

Dave Martindale 07-10-2003 09:19 PM

Re: in-camera charging

wp20032@aol.com (WP20032) writes:

>I have a Nikon 880, and external charging has been no problem....with one
>exception. Sometimes at night, I put the battery in the charger and forget it
>until the next day. Then the camera has had time to "forget" all of the
>presets, and I have to go through that process of setting time/date, etc.

This depends on the camera. It isn't a problem for the Canons, for
example. Some Canons have a second battery, a lithium coin cell, which
will keep the settings and power the clock for years without the main
battery. Others have an internal rechargeable battery that won't last
as long, but still far longer than overnight.

Dave