Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Junk faxes, phone calls and spam are killing me! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238104-re-junk-faxes-phone-calls-and-spam-are-killing-me.html)

Marvin Margoshes 07-10-2003 05:19 PM

"Andrew McDonald" <andy.h@tes.spam> wrote in message
news:7c_Oa.92160$Io.7969512@newsread2.prod.itd.ear thlink.net...
> Lucas Tam wrote:
> > "mart@bellsouth.net" <marty@-no spam> wrote in news:3tYOa.3440$kx6.1999
> > @fe03.atl2.webusenet.com:
> >

> >>Call their voicemail - leave music. Use their 800#'s from a payphone -

it
> >>costs them 75 cents per call. Chat when they interrupt you, it costs

them
> >>time they could be using to vandalize other people.

> > Why don't you put yourself on the government Do Not Call List?

> Like that will really work.

It works in NY State. I put my number on the State's list. and the nuisance
calls dropped off sharply. Dinner time is more peaceful. I heard on the
news that all numbers registered on the NY do-not-call list will
automatically be put on the Federal list.

I got a call from AT&T yesterday morning.