Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: shutter delay (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238103-re-shutter-delay.html)

Howard Wettstein 07-10-2003 05:00 PM

Re: shutter delay

People are saying that the DSLR do not exhibit this time delay. Are they
manual focus or how do they ahive the lack of dealy? Also, why does the
sreen black out for a second after a flash shot? Thanks.
Howie
"Howard Wettstein" <wettstein@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Xu%Oa.92386$Io.7978398@newsread2.prod.itd.ear thlink.net...
> I'm learning to use, and loving, my Nikon 5700. But the shutter delay is
> very disconcerting for an old 35mm person. It's especially weird when

using

Andrew McDonald 07-10-2003 05:28 PM

Re: shutter delay

Howard Wettstein wrote:
> People are saying that the DSLR do not exhibit this time delay. Are they
> manual focus or how do they ahive the lack of dealy? Also, why does the
> sreen black out for a second after a flash shot? Thanks.
> Howie

They have the same delay as any autofocus SLR camera. Yes, prefocus is
still a good idea as it would be even on a manual focus camera to catch
action.

But with the right lens (Nikon AFS series for instance) focus times are
VERY fast and if you have the prefocus done the shutter delay is the
same as a film SLR.

All I can say is that I get pictures (like the jump shots I posted)
consistently and reliably.

I could not get those with my CP5000. I love my D100.