Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Canon G3 - 1 dead pixel or a group? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238060-re-canon-g3-1-dead-pixel-or-a-group.html)

James Carpenter 07-10-2003 01:44 PM

Re: Canon G3 - 1 dead pixel or a group?

Thanx, Marko. That's just what I was wary of with simply exchanging
the camera at the point of purchase.

I used the "DeadPixelTest.exe" program to discover that the pixel set
isn't completely hot. (Taking RAW pics in darkroom.) At ISO 50, it
only appears at the 1 sec. exposure, and even then it is only gray.
It goes away again after the 1.3 sec noise filter engagement. At ISO
100, it shows up all the time. I'm going to take a try a few more
DeadPixelTest shots this afternoon to nail down a baseline before
sending it off to Canon.

Out of curiosity, what was Canon's turnaround time for this repair?

Thanx,
James Carpenter
Just west of Guthrie, KY