Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Macro and High res woes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t238022-re-macro-and-high-res-woes.html)

Tesselator 06-29-2003 04:57 AM

Re: Macro and High res woes

> > Someone should make a FAQ if there isn't one already, of the "ideal"
> > features to look for in a digital camera. Like:
> >
> > The ability to go manual in as many aspects as possible.
> > The ability to store and transfer uncompressed images.

> Not that many people shoot uncompressed on consumer level cameras.
> The quality difference is hardly noticeable compared with shooting
> at low compression(SHG?), yet shooting uncompressed yeilds
> files that are much larger, and the much lower number of images
> per flash card can be very annoying.

True.. Perhapps I should have specified "lossless" in opposition
to "lossy" compressions, and/or etc. But hey, I was being general.

> > The ability to add attachements (PC, Hotshoe, Tripod mount, lens filters, etc.)
> >
> > Readable LCD menus
> > Tilt/Rotate/Swivel LCD Pannels.
> > All glass (coated) lens elements.
> > Other than plastic body frame,
> > USB or Serial Camera Control via computer or etc. (other than downloading)
> > Etc.
> > Etc.
> > Etc.
> >
> > And thier _simple_ respective explaination. Like:
> >
> > USB/Ser. Cam. Control -- Will allow you to to create ultra hi res stop motion
> > and time-laps motion sequences.

> Very few people do this.

True. But those not in-the-know may assume USB means Cam Control. Actually,
this technique has been gaining in popularity ever since "The Matrix" introduced
"bullet-time" effects using this technique several years ago. Even tho "Bullet
Time" is a Multi Camera effect.

> > Non-Plastic Cam Body -- Will save you a trip to the repair shop if you drop
> > the thing.
> >
> > Etc.
> > Etc.
> > Etc.
> >
> > Anyone know of a faq like that?

But good points -- Maybe the FAQ should include a popularity rating?

Eyron 06-29-2003 05:59 AM

Re: Macro and High res woes

My Nikon Coolpix 5000 has a 2cm macro which is 3/4 of an inch.
Some sonys are 1cm.

This Nikon is amazing for macro.

Im going to try reversing a Nikon 50/1.8 on it for larger than 1:1 ratio.

Eyron

Tesselator 06-29-2003 11:05 AM

Re: Macro and High res woes

> The salesman at Costco told me he has an C5050 at home and tried using the
> Super Macro of 1" to eight 8" and found that he could not get a good
> predictable focus and promised to send me the examples he tried With the
> super Macro.

I would guess that this is why he remains to be a salesman as Costco.

O :-P

> He said that looking at the display was inacurate in terms of
> what he expected and what he got was not predictavle in Super Macro.
>
> He Sugested I lock the focus at some distance and try focussing by moving in
> and out untill it is the best focus I can get.

Yeah, sounds like pilot error. Working in improper conditions etc.