Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Movie Maker 2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t237969-movie-maker-2-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?= 05-07-2006 03:10 PM

Movie Maker 2

I would like to know if I have Movie Maker 2. My computer automaticallyd
downloads updates from Microsoft and it appears Service Pack 2 has been
installed. I read somewhere that Movie Maker 2 was included in SP2, however
when I check MOvie Maker 2 info, it says it's ver. 5.1 but nothing about it
being Movie Maker 2.

As you can see, I'm new at Movie Maker! Just learning - thanks.

Bigus DiŠkus 05-07-2006 10:01 PM

Re: Movie Maker 2

"alenasmom" <alenasmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if I have Movie Maker 2. My computer automaticallyd
> downloads updates from Microsoft and it appears Service Pack 2 has been
> installed. I read somewhere that Movie Maker 2 was included in SP2, however
> when I check MOvie Maker 2 info, it says it's ver. 5.1 but nothing about it
> being Movie Maker 2.

Clarify Please: You would like to know if you have Movie Maker 2, but when you
check Movie Maker 2 Info it says you have version 5.1? Didn't you just answer
your own question? Look again, are you sure that's 5.1 and not 2.1?

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP #00110011

Gorm Braarvig 05-08-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Movie Maker 2

5.1 must surely be the version of Windows (Windows XP, that is).
If you press [WINDOWS]->[BREAK] you should be able to see if you have
service pack 2 in the "System Properties" general-page.

=?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?= 05-09-2006 01:54 AM

Re: Movie Maker 2

If you go to the Help menu then click on About Windows Movie Maker, it should
list the Movie Maker version 2 lines down from where you see "Version 5.1",
which should be the Windows version with build & service pack info.

=?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?= 05-09-2006 12:51 PM

Re: Movie Maker 2

Thank you.
Alenasmom

=?Utf-8?B?YWxlbmFzbW9t?= 05-09-2006 12:53 PM

Re: Movie Maker 2

Thank you for your detailed instructions - it is ver. 2.1.
Alenasmom

=?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?= 05-09-2006 11:32 PM

Re: Movie Maker 2

Sure thing, anytime. I'm in the tech support biz; I love to help people. It
makes me feel better about myself.

=?Utf-8?B?dHJvc2ExMg==?= 10-06-2006 02:57 AM

Re: Movie Maker 2

Russell,

I'm a Movie Maker newbie too. Can you help me with this problem? I created a
movie using MM 2.1 on my desktop machine, nothing fancy just imported some
scans and added an audio track. Then I zipped the MM file and the scans,
dropped onto a memory stick and copied to my laptop's hard drive. After
unzipping the files, I opened MM with the movie and all the scans in the
movie appeared with red "x" in the frames. I re-imported the pictures and
still nothing in the movie. The files were not renamed from the desktop to
the laptop. What am I doing wrong?

I tried moving the files to the "My Videos" folder thinking that maybe XP
wants this to be hardwired, but still no luck.

Any help you can give me would be HUGELY APPRECIATED!!

Tim

=?Utf-8?B?dHJvc2ExMg==?= 10-06-2006 02:58 AM

Re: Movie Maker 2