Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco SIP-UA SDPInfo has c=IN twice (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t237661-cisco-sip-ua-sdpinfo-has-c-in-twice.html)

seg-kp 05-06-2006 03:08 AM

Cisco SIP-UA SDPInfo has c=IN twice

Hello,
We are using a Cisco 827-4V as a SIP gateway for an analog phone. The
phone registers, but we're getting one way audio. We found there is an
async routing path. The PSTN GW should be talking to the SIP NAT
server, but the Cisco is sending two "contact information"s in the SDP.
The NAT server updates the first CI with its IP, but the Application
Server ignores that one and sends the second entry with the phone IP to
the PSTN GW.

My question is - isn't this a violation of the RFC having two contact
information vaules in an SDP message? I have querried the net, and
found a couple examples with this, but none on Cisco's web page. Does
anyone know how to eliminate one of the entries? The Cisco config is
very basic, just a codec definition, and the SIP register server. Here
is a copy of the SDP from a packet capture.

v=0
o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 6043 2386 IN IP4 192.168.1.19
s=SIP Call
c=IN IP4 192.168.1.19
t=0 0
m=audio 17266 RTP/AVP 18 101