Velocity Reviews

-   -   DATAIO ABEL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t237432-dataio-abel.html)

Ron 05-04-2006 07:17 PM

DATAIO ABEL

Does anyone have a "Dongle" for DATAIO ABEL version 6.0? I love that
old package and want to get it back up.

Mike Treseler 05-04-2006 08:45 PM

Re: DATAIO ABEL

Ron wrote:
> Does anyone have a "Dongle" for DATAIO ABEL version 6.0? I love that
> old package and want to get it back up.

xilinx ise supports abel for cplds.
No dongle required.

-- Mike Treseler

Ron 05-04-2006 09:14 PM

Re: DATAIO ABEL

Mike Treseler wrote:
> Ron wrote:
> > Does anyone have a "Dongle" for DATAIO ABEL version 6.0? I love that
> > old package and want to get it back up.

> xilinx ise supports abel for cplds.
> No dongle required.
>
> -- Mike Treseler

Thanks Mike, I knew that. I want to program some Atmel parts with my
original .abl files.

dawilsster@googlemail.com 05-07-2006 02:36 AM

Re: DATAIO ABEL

Hi Ron,

I'm just wondering why you chose Atmel parts, what is their benefit for
your project ?
I'm toying with Atmel for my current project.

Dave

Ron 05-07-2006 04:56 PM

Re: DATAIO ABEL

Hi Dave

I am updating a 12 year old design that uses Atmel 750 Pals. I chose
them because of individual clocks per cell (whatever they are called
?). I want to "cross program" from the original part type to the newest
version of 750 and hence the desire to get Abel up and running.

Ron