Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t237386-problem-with-datasource-being-updated-when-the-page-is-refreshed-gridview.html)

Mike Grace 05-04-2006 03:52 PM

problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Hi,

I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.

The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.

If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is successfully
applied to the SQL table.

After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
process

If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after clicking
retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the old values
that were in the grid.

This is obviously very dangerous.

How can I stop this from happening?

Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.

Regards

Mike

Code Rodent 05-04-2006 07:24 PM

Re: problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
Mileoak would you?

Andy L of Shoreham

Mike Grace 05-05-2006 07:54 AM

Re: problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Yup. :-)

Mike

Mike Grace 05-05-2006 08:00 AM

Re: problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

How do I send you an email?

Got an address.

Mike

Code Rodent 05-05-2006 02:43 PM

Re: problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Hi Mike,

or should I say Mick the fish. Withouht pasting my email addy directly into
this NG use the following without the spaces and replace the AT for an @ on
a n d y . l a m p e r AT d o t c o n n e c t e d . com.

I'll be good to hear from you old bean.

Cheers

Andy

Mike Grace 05-05-2006 04:05 PM

Re: problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

O.K.