Velocity Reviews

-   -   Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t236683-skype-keeps-appearing-as-offline-to-dualphone.html)

Chris Smithers 04-22-2006 11:59 AM

Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

This is driving me mad and I hope someone can help before I give up and go
back to a normal phone line.

Every few hours or more, my Dualphone screen reports 'No VOIP Clients
Running' and its software says Skype is closed. Yet Skype is on and working
perfectly.

I have tried a full destructive uninstall and reinstall of both products
more than once. I have also replaced the handset.
I have Skype 2.0.0.97 & Dualphone Suite 2.08 (latest versions)

If a call comes in, Skype rings on my screen, but the Dualphone ignores it.
The only solution is to close Skype, then reopen Skype. Not much use if I
want to answer a call

I have had this problem ever since I purchased the Dualphone v1.x 6 months
ago, and from earlier Skype 1.x versions.

I repeat, I have done a complete destructive uninstall of both programs more
than once, but it just doesn't help.

Nothing particular seems to cause this to occur, and the timing is random
and intermittent. I have seen other users with the issue but no solution.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about to abandon both
Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I see their slogan 'Internet
telephony that just works' :cry:
_________________
Thanks,

Chris

Ivor Jones 04-22-2006 12:04 PM

Re: Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

"Chris Smithers" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
news:PUo2g.57464$wl.10678@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk

[snip]

> Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated as I am about
> to abandon both Skype and Dualphone. I laugh every time I
> see their slogan 'Internet telephony that just works' :cry:
> _________________
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

Ivor

Chris Smithers 04-22-2006 11:02 PM

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message

> Skype is ok for what it is, a peer to peer computer program. If you want
> serious internet telephony, use a hardware ATA with one of the many SIP
> providers out there. Plenty of people here will help you and/or recommend
> equipment/suppliers. My personal choice is Sipgate with either Sipura or
> AVM hardware, but others will no doubt have something to say about that..!
> Don't listen to personal slurs, but make up your own mind.

Cheers Ivor. I need something hardware based, I agree. It also needs to
give a 'real' phone number for incoming calls, *and* allow porting of my
existing London number to its network.

What do other people like/recommend?
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 04-22-2006 11:55 PM

Re: Skype keeps appearing as offline to Dualphone

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 23:02:25 GMT, "Chris Smithers" <anon@anon.com>
wrote:

>Cheers Ivor. I need something hardware based, I agree. It also needs to
>give a 'real' phone number for incoming calls, *and* allow porting of my
>existing London number to its network.
>
>What do other people like/recommend?

Anything other than SIPGATE take no notice of Ivor he would say they
are great if they did not provide service at all ,they are total
rubbish for my money you can't beat Voipfone
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/