Velocity Reviews

-   -   post translate simulation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t23630-post-translate-simulation.html)

Nisheeth 04-29-2005 12:59 PM

post translate simulation

hello group
i have written a vhdl file which is using
packages,generics etc.It compiles successfully and simulation is as
expected.
I went ahead to the next step i.e synthesis and ISE gave no
problem at all. Then i did post translate simulation using Modelsim
and my simulation results are not coming as expected...all o/p lines
are tristated. I got the following warning in Modelsim.

Warning(1) : wpcal_tb.translate_vhw(86) : No default binding for
component "wp_cal" ( Generic "we" is not on the entity)

plz give me some clue how to fix it...

regards
nisheeth

nisheethg@gmail.com

info_ 04-29-2005 05:10 PM

Re: post translate simulation

Nisheeth wrote:
> hello group
> i have written a vhdl file which is using
> packages,generics etc.It compiles successfully and simulation is as
> expected.
> I went ahead to the next step i.e synthesis and ISE gave no
> problem at all. Then i did post translate simulation using Modelsim
> and my simulation results are not coming as expected...all o/p lines
> are tristated. I got the following warning in Modelsim.
>
> Warning(1) : wpcal_tb.translate_vhw(86) : No default binding for
> component "wp_cal" ( Generic "we" is not on the entity)
>
> plz give me some clue how to fix it...

Looks like there is a mismatch between your component
declaration and the actual entity for wp_cal.
(probably the generic section which is lost at synthesis)
If you try to do unitary timing simulation (I hope you've
good reasons to do this, I recommend to wrap up the entity
in a synthesizable "top level" with no generic (and indeed
no exotic type that the synthesis will modify).
Then you should have no trouble (using the same testbench)

Another solution would be to use a configuration section
to reconcile the two different entoty declarations at
instanciation.

Mike Treseler 04-29-2005 05:36 PM

Nisheeth wrote:

> Warning(1) : wpcal_tb.translate_vhw(86) : No default binding for
> component "wp_cal" ( Generic "we" is not on the entity)
>
> plz give me some clue how to fix it...

Your netlist instance is an empty box.
Fire up your text editor and look at wp_cal.vhd
and see what happened to "we".

-- Mike Treseler