Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forces FXO not available in menu speedtouch 716g (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t236171-forces-fxo-not-available-in-menu-speedtouch-716g.html)

clooster@gmail.com 12-24-2005 04:01 PM

Forces FXO not available in menu speedtouch 716g

I bought a speedtouch 716g (firmware 5.3.3.5). The VOIP works fine with
sipdiscount.com. For some numbers I want to use PSTN instead of VOIP.
This should be done by *01* and then wait for the dial tone. On the
speedtouch I looked at the 'Telephony services' But I only see the
following services:
Call Hold 94
Call Waiting 43
Call Transfer 96
Conference Call (3 Party)
Calling Line Identification Presentation.

Why don's I get the forced FXO service?

Jeroen.

paul123 12-25-2005 12:14 AM

Re: Forces FXO not available in menu speedtouch 716g

clooster@gmail.com wrote:
> I bought a speedtouch 716g (firmware 5.3.3.5).

I'm confused. I also have a 716g and I thought the 5.x.x.x firmware was
for the 716WL -
On the Speedtouch website at: http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/716.asp - it
states:
================================
Latest Version 716G = 1.0d
Latest Version 716WL = 5.3.2.6 UK
Note: Release 5 firmware is not compatible with release 1 hardware.
================================

???
If you have the 716G (and not the 716WL), does this mean that I CAN
upgrade to v 5.x.x firmware? I'm a bit reluctant to try it as most of
the previous firmware updates have entailed a full reconfig of ALL
settings. It's a bit of a drag.

> Why don's I get the forced FXO service?

Huh? More confused. I think somebody spiked my mince pies....

clooster@gmail.com 12-26-2005 10:35 AM

Re: Forces FXO not available in menu speedtouch 716g

I have the 716 WL

Jeroen