Velocity Reviews

-   -   WRT54GP2 and sipgate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t236123-wrt54gp2-and-sipgate.html)

PhilÅ 12-11-2005 06:32 PM

WRT54GP2 and sipgate

I can not get the bloody thing setup.

Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings right.
Getting annoyed??

Any ideas?

PhilÅ 12-11-2005 06:52 PM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

"PhilÅ" <iclgateway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I can not get the bloody thing setup.
>
> Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings right.
> Getting annoyed??
>
> Any ideas?

Have it working, can dial out, but can not hear anything..

PhilÅ 12-12-2005 12:33 AM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

> "PhilÅ" <iclgateway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I can not get the bloody thing setup.
>>
>> Have been through all the sipgate pages, but can't get the settings
>> right.
>> Getting annoyed??
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Have it working, can dial out, but can not hear anything..

Ok, now setup, I like the WRT54GP2, sound quality is good and it works great
with my dect phones.

Have set it up with two sipgate accounts..

Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others, looking
for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry over
important.

Also rings with an ammerican style, can't find out how to change it with the
WRT54GP2 , any ideas??

paul123 12-12-2005 10:08 AM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

PhilÅ wrote:

> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others, looking
> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry over
> important.

try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.

PhilÅ 12-12-2005 10:24 AM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

"paul123" <paul@redy.net> wrote in message
news:1134382087.808397.178970@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

PhilÅ wrote:

> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
> looking
> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry
> over
> important.

try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.

Hi

I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.

I can not find the charges on the website???

I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying that I
have to enter 0044

If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??

Jono 12-12-2005 11:12 AM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

> "paul123" <paul@redy.net> wrote in message
> news:1134382087.808397.178970@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>
> PhilÅ wrote:
>

>> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
>> looking
>> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM, carry
>> over
>> important.

> try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay as
> you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if you
> want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the others.
>
> Hi
>
> I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.
>
> I can not find the charges on the website???
>
> I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying that I
> have to enter 0044
>
> If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??

The rates are not hidden. http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/rates.html

UK calls are, at the moment, free of charge, as are a number of
international destinations.

The free calls destinations could change, without notice.

Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers (or
more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK numbers,
and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you live in Bradford)?

DMac 12-12-2005 11:18 AM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

> Also rings with an ammerican style, can't find out how to change it with
> the
> WRT54GP2 , any ideas??

There is a hidden page full of things to tweak: login to your router as
normal then navigate to
http://insert your router's ip address here/Voice_adminPage.htm

You can certainly set the caller id protocol to ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
There are ring settings but I cannot confirm if they work as I have an phone
which generates its own ring sounds

But beware there are a lot of things you can screw up if you are not
careful!

Hope that helps

PS Compared to my last voip box this is an absolute doddle to set up!

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 12-13-2005 10:03 PM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

Thus spaketh Jono:
> "PhilÅ" <iclgateway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "paul123" <paul@redy.net> wrote in message
>> news:1134382087.808397.178970@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>>
>> PhilÅ wrote:
>>

>>> Will probably apply a £10 credit with them, but will look at others,
>>> looking
>>> for cheap weekend or weeknight if possible??? Not many calls PCM,
>>> carry over
>>> important.

>> try sipdiscount.com, voip.co.uk or voiptalk.org - all three have pay
>> as you go options. For straight calling sipdiscount is great, but if
>> you want a bit more (like voicemail, incoming numbers etc) try the
>> others. Hi
>>
>> I have just registered and tried sipdiscount.
>>
>> I can not find the charges on the website???
>>
>> I have had a couple of free one minute calls but find it annoying
>> that I have to enter 0044
>>
>> If I was to credit the account, how much do calls cost??
>>

> The rates are not hidden. http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/rates.html
>
> UK calls are, at the moment, free of charge, as are a number of
> international destinations.
>
> The free calls destinations could change, without notice.
>
> Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers
> (or more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK
> numbers, and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you
> live in Bradford)?

Voice_adminPage.htm allows access to the Ring Cadence: which is under
Regional, set Ring 1 to: 30(.4/.2,.4/2)

The dial plan works the same as my PAP2, I use:
(<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|<##:00>xx.)

You will need to alter the area codes from 0044121 to your local area code,
and depending on the number of digits in your local number adjust accordingly,
Birmingham uses a 7 digital local number, hence the 6 x's after 1st allowed
digit of 2 through 8. ## for international calls instead of 00.

alexd 12-14-2005 08:35 PM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

Jono wrote:

> Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers (or
> more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK numbers,
> and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you live in
> Bradford)?

You can probably install Asterisk on a WRT54 ;-)

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (gebssnfxl@ubgznvy.pbz)
20:34:41 up 6 days, 7:09, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.08

Jono 12-14-2005 09:01 PM

Re: WRT54GP2 and sipgate

alexd wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| Can you not programme the WRT54GP2 to add 0044 to the dialled numbers
||| (or more precisely strip the first zero, then add 0044 to 11 digit UK
||| numbers, and add 00441274 to 6 digit dialled numbers, assuming you
||| live in Bradford)?
|| You can probably install Asterisk on a WRT54 ;-)
|| --
|| <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (gebssnfxl@ubgznvy.pbz)
|| 20:34:41 up 6 days, 7:09, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.08
|| This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Yeah?

That would be useful.