Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sipgate STUN Server problem? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235764-sipgate-stun-server-problem.html)

Roger Barrett 09-21-2005 07:24 PM

Sipgate STUN Server problem?

Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000 is re-registering
both lines every second. If I turn off STUN or use the FWD STUN server both
lines drop back to their default registration intervals. Is anyone else
having the same problem?

Ivor Jones 09-21-2005 07:31 PM

Re: Sipgate STUN Server problem?

"Roger Barrett" <roger_barrett@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000
> is re-registering both lines every second. If I turn off
> STUN or use the FWD STUN server both lines drop back to
> their default registration intervals. Is anyone else
> having the same problem?

No problems here, what have you got the registration interval set to..?
The default on Sipgate is 3600 (1 hour) but shorter intervals should work
ok.

You should also have STUN Enable set to Yes and STUN Test Enable set to
No.

Ivor

Roger Barrett 09-21-2005 08:00 PM

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message

> "Roger Barrett" <roger_barrett@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000
>> is re-registering both lines every second. If I turn off
>> STUN or use the FWD STUN server both lines drop back to
>> their default registration intervals. Is anyone else
>> having the same problem?

> No problems here, what have you got the registration interval set to..?
> The default on Sipgate is 3600 (1 hour) but shorter intervals should work
> ok.
>
> You should also have STUN Enable set to Yes and STUN Test Enable set to
> No.
>
> Ivor

yep and its worked fine for 6 months with those settings. I changed routers
yesterday (got a Belkin Pre-N Router) but the fwd stun server works fine.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 09-21-2005 08:06 PM

Re: Sipgate STUN Server problem?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:24:38 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
<roger_barrett@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000 is re-registering
>both lines every second. If I turn off STUN or use the FWD STUN server both
>lines drop back to their default registration intervals. Is anyone else
>having the same problem?

Now Rodger there just can't be anything wrong at Sipgate their UK
representative will be along shortly to tell you this and saying it
has something to do with your 2000 ! .

Roger Barrett 09-21-2005 08:07 PM

<Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:24:38 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
> <roger_barrett@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000 is re-registering
>>both lines every second. If I turn off STUN or use the FWD STUN server
>>both
>>lines drop back to their default registration intervals. Is anyone else
>>having the same problem?
>>

> Now Rodger there just can't be anything wrong at Sipgate their UK
> representative will be along shortly to tell you this and saying it
> has something to do with your 2000 ! .

Well its probably my new Belkin router acting differently to my USR or
Linksys ones but I thought I'd check ;-)

Ivor Jones 09-21-2005 09:39 PM

Re: Sipgate STUN Server problem?

<Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:24:38 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
> <roger_barrett@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there something up with the STUN server? My spa-2000
> > is re-registering both lines every second. If I turn
> > off STUN or use the FWD STUN server both lines drop
> > back to their default registration intervals. Is anyone
> > else having the same problem?
> >

> Now Rodger there just can't be anything wrong at Sipgate
> their UK representative will be along shortly to tell you
> this and saying it has something to do with your 2000 ! .

You just can't resist, can you..? He just said he changed routers and
that's when the problem started.

Ivor

Ad C 09-22-2005 06:16 AM

Re: Sipgate STUN Server problem?

In article <3pe297F9p6kiU1@individual.net>, ivor@despammed.invalid
says...

> You just can't resist, can you..? He just said he changed routers and
> that's when the problem started.

Just ignore him, I have killfiled him, maybe you should do the same
thing.