Velocity Reviews

-   -   Voipbuster - Credit Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235704-voipbuster-credit-problem.html)

Brian A 09-09-2005 11:27 PM

Voipbuster - Credit Problem

Anyone else had problems buying credit on voipbuster?
I keep getting
"error in update: 105"
when trying to complete the transaction.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brian 09-10-2005 07:51 PM

Re: Voipbuster - Credit Problem

"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone else had problems buying credit on voipbuster?
> I keep getting
> "error in update: 105"
> when trying to complete the transaction.

I have had similar problems. For some unknown reason VOIPB wanted me to
'verify' my account by responding to several e-mails they claimed they had
sent me. I could find no trace of those e-mails. However, I had registered
with VOIPB using my Hotmail address. I subsequently found that Hotmail had
treated the VOIPB e-mails as junk and had dumped them accordingly.
Could this be a similar situation for you?

Brian

Brian A 09-10-2005 09:19 PM

Re: Voipbuster - Credit Problem

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:51:32 +0200, "Brian" <freelance102@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:gc64i1ps6nhcapfrcvkjkpjnhjvt5ktjd2@4ax.com.. .
>> Anyone else had problems buying credit on voipbuster?
>> I keep getting
>> "error in update: 105"
>> when trying to complete the transaction.
>>

>I have had similar problems. For some unknown reason VOIPB wanted me to
>'verify' my account by responding to several e-mails they claimed they had
>sent me. I could find no trace of those e-mails. However, I had registered
>with VOIPB using my Hotmail address. I subsequently found that Hotmail had
>treated the VOIPB e-mails as junk and had dumped them accordingly.
>Could this be a similar situation for you?
>
>Brian

It could well be but I registered an entirely different accont on
another computer and gave a Yahoo address just in case.
Still it didn't work but I didn't bother to write to complain this
time. I asked a friend to try his computer - same problem. In the end
he paid for me via his Paypal account and that worked.
You'd think that they would realise that their revenue was down. It
does surprise me when I see sites like this. They probably pay out a
lot of dosh to have these on line facilities - I know that I could
write much better and more reliable software.
Another problem with the software is that if you run it on Firefox
the payment amount option doesn't come up on the first round of trying
to make a payment. After seeing that I used the dreaded MSIE.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.