Velocity Reviews

-   -   FRIZT!box (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235702-frizt-box.html)

Paul Ockenden 09-09-2005 07:02 PM

FRIZT!box

Does anyone have a copy of the image file of the English
firmware for the FRITZ!box fon ATA. There's an empty
folder on the AVM website where you'd expect it to be!

Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
screens from German to English ... ;-)

P.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 09-09-2005 07:11 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:02:26 GMT, "Paul Ockenden"
<paul@ockenden.NoSPAMTodayThankYou.com> wrote:

>Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
>screens from German to English ... ;-)

Ask the " owner" of this news group .

Jono 09-09-2005 07:24 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
|| On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:02:26 GMT, "Paul Ockenden"
|| <paul@ockenden.NoSPAMTodayThankYou.com> wrote:
||| Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my config
||| screens from German to English ... ;-)
|| Ask the " owner" of this news group .

Is there an emoticon for exasperated?

Ivor Jones 09-09-2005 07:41 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

wrote in message
> Does anyone have a copy of the image file of the English
> firmware for the FRITZ!box fon ATA. There's an empty
> folder on the AVM website where you'd expect it to be!
>
> Alternatively, does anyone volunteer to translate my
> config screens from German to English ... ;-)
>
> P.

Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62 and it downloads
here fine. If you still can't get it to download let me know and I'll try
and send you a copy. It's 3.2 MB in size so I don't know if my system will
forward a file of that size but I'll give it a try. Alternatively I could
put it on my website for you to download from there if all else fails, let
me know.

Ivor

PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?
PPS ignore the trolls..!

Paul Ockenden 09-09-2005 07:47 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

> Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62 and it downloads
> here fine.

Yup - I tried that, but it's not the correct firmware for the Fritz!Box Fon
ATA.
That needs to be 11.03...., as far as I can tell. The 06 firmware refuses to
load.

> PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?

Can't even get a dialtone at the moment!

> PPS ignore the trolls..!

I must say, this newsgroup is about the trolliest one I've seen for a long
time. Everyone appears to be acting like five year olds.

P.

Ivor Jones 09-09-2005 08:04 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

wrote in message news:FFlUe.858$K5.163@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net
> > Current firmware for Annex A Fritz!Box Fon is 06.03.62
> > and it downloads here fine.

> Yup - I tried that, but it's not the correct firmware for
> the Fritz!Box Fon ATA.
> That needs to be 11.03...., as far as I can tell. The 06
> firmware refuses to load.

Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the one
currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL modem/router/ATA
all in one.

> > PS what is your opinion of the Fritz!Box..?

> Can't even get a dialtone at the moment!

I'm out now for the evening (Friday down the pub, don't you know..!) but
feel free to call me tomorrow if I can be of any help. Email me with your
number and I'll give you a call, or the other way round if necessary..!)

> > PPS ignore the trolls..!

> I must say, this newsgroup is about the trolliest one
> I've seen for a long time. Everyone appears to be acting
> like five year olds.

Unfortunately, but they'll get tired eventually I hope.

Ivor

(replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)

Paul Ockenden 09-09-2005 08:10 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

> Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the one
> currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL modem/router/ATA
> all in one.

That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the ATA model, which
has a WAN port. It means I can (or should be able to) use it with a cable
modem.

I've configured most of the screens (using google's translation), and the
device reckons it has registered with sipgate, bit there's no dial tone on
either of the phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's broken.

Another one should be arriving early next week, so I'll be able to tell
whether
the problem is me or the Fritzbox!

P.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 09-09-2005 08:41 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

Thus spaketh Paul Ockenden:
>> Hmm, are we talking about different devices..? The one I mean is the
>> one currently on sale on Sipgate's website, which is an ADSL
>> modem/router/ATA all in one.

> That's the one with the built in DSL modem. Mine's the ATA model,
> which has a WAN port. It means I can (or should be able to) use it
> with a cable modem.
>
> I've configured most of the screens (using google's translation), and
> the device reckons it has registered with sipgate, bit there's no
> dial tone on either of the phone ports.... Most odd. Maybe it's
> broken.
> Another one should be arriving early next week, so I'll be able to
> tell whether
> the problem is me or the Fritzbox!
>
> P.

Where did you get the ATA model from? I see it listed on their site, but can
find a UK reseller / distributor selling it, only the one with adsl modem
built in. I am happy to purchase it from Germany or elsewhere within the EU.

SK 09-09-2005 08:42 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

<Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Ask the " owner" of this news group .

eyevor Jones gibt Ihnen tehantwort zu allen Ihren Fragen, die mit sipgate
angeschlossen werden, wie er direkt in die Ausführung und in das Management
und in die Richtung sipgate miteinbezogen wird.

Paul Ockenden 09-09-2005 09:01 PM

Re: FRIZT!box

> Where did you get the ATA model from?

Got mine from sipstore.de

There's a really helpful bloke there called Martin Krep, who
speaks good English.

P.

p.s. Finally got a dialtone - it seems the leads (I tried two) I was using
between the phone and fritzbox weren't any good. Maybe they need
to twist the pairs or something. Anyway, instead I used an adaptor I
had hanging around, and a normal UK phone lead.

But now the device won't register with sipgate - I'm sure it was working
earlier.... Maybe I need to play around with the rules in my SonicWALL.

P.