Velocity Reviews

-   -   vonage & asterisk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235568-vonage-and-asterisk.html)

Mr Corbett 08-15-2005 10:18 PM

vonage & asterisk

If I had vonage & an asterisk server could I setup a call manager system
with DDI numbers (e.g. from vonage) ?

Thomas Rankin 08-16-2005 12:09 AM

Re: vonage & asterisk

Mr Corbett wrote:
> If I had vonage & an asterisk server could I setup a call manager system
> with DDI numbers (e.g. from vonage) ?

Yes, I don't know if Vonage will sell you a DDI range, Gradwell will.

Mr Corbett 08-16-2005 06:03 AM

Re: vonage & asterisk

No, I mean I will setup multiple accounts with areas codes I require.

Phil Thompson 08-16-2005 07:53 AM

Re: vonage & asterisk

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:18:55 GMT, "Mr Corbett" <noemail@noemail.co.uk>
wrote:

>If I had vonage & an asterisk server

problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
hardware not supplied by them.

I fear the answer is "no way".

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)

Thomas Rankin 08-16-2005 09:38 AM

Re: vonage & asterisk

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:18:55 GMT, "Mr Corbett" <noemail@noemail.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>>If I had vonage & an asterisk server

> problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
> up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
> hardware not supplied by them.
>
> I fear the answer is "no way".
>
> Phil

From their TOS:
" c. Unauthorized Usage

Customer may not program the Number into any equipment or
infrastructure in or on which the number is intended or used as the
origination or destination of a communication other than the Device
that was provided by Vonage."

If you're looking for a paid unlimited calls service:

http://www.justdialvoip.com/pages/jdvoiplite.asp

Have such a service which will work with asterisk (I've not tried them
so can't comment on quality), but you'd need to get your phone number
range from someone else. (sipgate?).

Mr Corbett 08-16-2005 08:42 PM

Re: vonage & asterisk

Thanks for your reply, I will look into