Velocity Reviews

-   -   free voip voicemail ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235544-free-voip-voicemail.html)

H@rro 08-09-2005 07:05 PM

free voip voicemail ?

Hi,

because I don't have the possibility to set up a asterix server here I'm
looking for a free VOIP service with free voicemail where
I can upload my .wav file to, which should be played when a call reaches
that voicemail. nothing more, nothing less :)
preferable the account should be reachable under a geografic number or
direct sip access so that I can forward my Snom190
to it.

Who knows such a service??

thanks in advance,

//H

Steve Loft 08-09-2005 07:21 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

H@rro wrote:

> Who knows such a service??

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/

I've been very happy with them.
--
Steve Loft

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 08-09-2005 07:42 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:21:54 GMT, Steve Loft <steve@nybbles.co.uk>
wrote:

>H@rro wrote:
>
>> Who knows such a service??

>http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
>
>I've been very happy with them.

Don't take very much to make you happy then I wouldn't recommend
Sipgate to my worst enemy .

Steve Loft 08-09-2005 07:59 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> Don't take very much to make you happy then I wouldn't recommend
> Sipgate to my worst enemy .

<shrug>

Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.
--
Steve Loft

r_mervart 08-09-2005 08:21 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

"Steve Loft" <steve@nybbles.co.uk> wrote in message news:KW7Ke.22456$%>
> Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
> happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.
> --

As I am also interested in the Voicemail can you please be more specific
about the reliability. How long have you had an account? Had you not have a
single failure including German speaking voices I read about etc?
Roman

MrLover 08-09-2005 08:23 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

<Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

www.vonage.co.uk are the winners in my book

H@rro 08-09-2005 08:27 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

"Steve Loft" <steve@nybbles.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:ln7Ke.22995$Di2.10958@fe02.news.easynews.com. ..
> H@rro wrote:
>
>> Who knows such a service??

> http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
>
> I've been very happy with them.

very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload a
..wav file which is player
when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use it
for.

//H

Steve Loft 08-09-2005 08:44 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

r_mervart wrote:

> As I am also interested in the Voicemail can you please be more specific
> about the reliability. How long have you had an account? Had you not have a
> single failure including German speaking voices I read about etc?

Not long, to be honest, less than a month. The only "problem" I've had
is the weird mixture of voices (in English) when you call the answering
service. But it's free and it's a geographic number, so it suits my
purposes.

I've had no complaints from anyone unable to contact me (and anyone
calling my number would let me know if they'd had problems), and I've
never been unable to retrieve my voicemail.
--
Steve Loft

Steve Loft 08-09-2005 08:44 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

H@rro wrote:

> very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload a
> ..wav file which is player
> when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use it
> for.

Ah, right, sorry. I thought you'd be able to play the .wav down the
phone and record it that way.
--
Steve Loft

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 08-09-2005 08:48 PM

Re: free voip voicemail ?

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:59:38 GMT, Steve Loft <steve@nybbles.co.uk>
wrote:

>Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
>
>> Don't take very much to make you happy then I wouldn't recommend
>> Sipgate to my worst enemy .

><shrug>
>
>Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
>happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.

When you have had an account with them as long has I had then come
back here and talk about 100 reliability at zero cost for starters how
can you talk about reliability when the voicemail has not been
reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING