Velocity Reviews

-   -   18866 and VoIP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235513-18866-and-voip.html)

Dave Barret 08-03-2005 08:05 PM

18866 and VoIP?

Has 18866 pulled their access to VoIP??? If not where is the setup details
for the sipura please?

Thanks

Jono 08-03-2005 10:35 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html

Jono 08-03-2005 10:35 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

"Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
> Has 18866 pulled their access to VoIP??? If not where is the setup
> details for the sipura please?
>
> Thanks

http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html

Admittedly, I've not found any Sipura settings, though.

Dave Barret 08-03-2005 10:44 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

"Jono" <no@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:jFbIe.82274$G8.52006@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

> "Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
>> Has 18866 pulled their access to VoIP??? If not where is the setup
>> details for the sipura please?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html
>
> Admittedly, I've not found any Sipura settings, though.

No, I'm talking about sip.18866.co.uk
Its not working anymore, anyone know why its stopped working?

It seems these 'shower of ****' voip providers are about as reliable as a
chocolate fireguard... Pile of crap!

Here today, gone tomorrow !

Thanks Jono

Dave Barret 08-03-2005 10:45 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

> "Jono" <no@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:jFbIe.82274$G8.52006@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
>>
>> "Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
>>> Has 18866 pulled their access to VoIP??? If not where is the setup
>>> details for the sipura please?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html
>>
>> Admittedly, I've not found any Sipura settings, though.

> No, I'm talking about sip.18866.co.uk
> Its not working anymore, anyone know why its stopped working?
>
> It seems these 'shower of ****' voip providers are about as reliable as a
> chocolate fireguard... Pile of crap!
>
> Here today, gone tomorrow !
>
> Thanks Jono

and neither is sip.call18866.co.uk, before anyone picks up my mistake.

Jono 08-04-2005 09:31 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

> "Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jono" <no@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:jFbIe.82274$G8.52006@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
>>>
>>> "Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.thanks> wrote in message

>>> http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html
>>>
>>> Admittedly, I've not found any Sipura settings, though.

>> No, I'm talking about sip.18866.co.uk
>> Its not working anymore, anyone know why its stopped working?
>>
>> It seems these 'shower of ****' voip providers are about as reliable as a
>> chocolate fireguard... Pile of crap!
>>
>> Here today, gone tomorrow !
>>
>> Thanks Jono

> and neither is sip.call18866.co.uk, before anyone picks up my mistake.

Could it be that they've relaunched as voipcheap? The 18866 site links to
it.

Dave Barret 08-04-2005 10:35 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

"Jono" <no@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:IOvIe.82787$G8.62797@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

>> and neither is sip.call18866.co.uk, before anyone picks up my mistake.
>>

> Could it be that they've relaunched as voipcheap? The 18866 site links to
> it.

Could be, but they have never bothered to tell me as a customer of 18866.

Neither can you use VOIPCHEAP with a sipura, unless someone would care to
tell me I'm wrong? I'd like to be told I'm wrong, as it would be nice to
use my sipura again......

Dave

flibble 08-16-2005 08:20 PM

Re: 18866 and VoIP?

"Dave Barret" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Jono" <no@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:IOvIe.82787$G8.62797@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
>
>>> and neither is sip.call18866.co.uk, before anyone picks up my mistake.
>>>

>> Could it be that they've relaunched as voipcheap? The 18866 site links to
>> it.

> Could be, but they have never bothered to tell me as a customer of 18866.

Its still working on my sipura 3000, although a few weeks ago, I had to make
it register on the PSTN VOIP Line, even though it was being called through
gw1.

(I have the marvellous (teehee) sipgate as my incoming Line 1 so can't
register 18866 there).

Despite the lack of web page that sip.call18866.co.uk is still live, as is
their IAX2 service (using IAXy, and set up with normal options).

Mark