Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f34-uk-voip.html)
-   -   Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235426-vonage-dialing-uk-local-and-national-numbers.html)

Paul Westwell 07-16-2005 11:13 AM

Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
Hi,

With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it have
to be in?

e.g for a Bracknell number if I am already in Bracknell can I just dial
123456 or do I have to dial 01344 123456?

Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
0044 1344 123456?

Regards,

Paul



Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 07-16-2005 11:41 AM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:13:06 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <paul@nospam.me.uk>
wrote:


>With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it have
>to be in?

You have to use 01344 123456

>Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
>0044 1344 123456?

Correct if you use it like you would use a mobile to dial numbers in
the UK from the UK you will not go wrong .


Phil Thompson 07-16-2005 11:48 AM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:13:06 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <paul@nospam.me.uk>
wrote:

>e.g for a Bracknell number if I am already in Bracknell can I just dial
>123456 or do I have to dial 01344 123456?


almost certainly not.

Intl numbers are dialled 00ccnnnnnnnnnnn

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Paul Westwell 07-16-2005 12:33 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
Thanks Dexter,

That is a nice touch from Vonage allowing you to only require to dial the
national number within your own country.

I was concerned that if you missed an incoming call and you looked through
your missed call list on you phone and saw 01344123456 called then tried to
return the call it would fail because it was not in the international
format.

Looks like all will work fine on Vonage.

Regards,

Paul


<Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:7cshd1tmv5rqftq7dto47bnc8mrt1gpn4j@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:13:06 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <paul@nospam.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>
>>With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it
>>have
>>to be in?

> You have to use 01344 123456
>
>>Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
>>0044 1344 123456?

> Correct if you use it like you would use a mobile to dial numbers in
> the UK from the UK you will not go wrong .
>




Paul Westwell 07-24-2005 10:02 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
Even better....

Using Vonage I can dial the local 6 digit number and it works!

i.e if I am in Bracknell (01344) and cal my neighbour all I have to dial is
123456.... nice!

Regards,

Paul

"Paul Westwell" <paul@nospam.me.uk> wrote in message
news:a87Ce.2760$Ag3.496@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
> Thanks Dexter,
>
> That is a nice touch from Vonage allowing you to only require to dial the
> national number within your own country.
>
> I was concerned that if you missed an incoming call and you looked through
> your missed call list on you phone and saw 01344123456 called then tried
> to return the call it would fail because it was not in the international
> format.
>
> Looks like all will work fine on Vonage.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
>
>
> <Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:7cshd1tmv5rqftq7dto47bnc8mrt1gpn4j@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:13:06 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <paul@nospam.me.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it
>>>have
>>>to be in?

>> You have to use 01344 123456
>>
>>>Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
>>>0044 1344 123456?

>> Correct if you use it like you would use a mobile to dial numbers in
>> the UK from the UK you will not go wrong .
>>

>
>




Ivor Jones 07-24-2005 10:57 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
Paul Westwell wrote:
> Even better....
>
> Using Vonage I can dial the local 6 digit number and it works!
>
> i.e if I am in Bracknell (01344) and cal my neighbour all I have to
> dial is 123456.... nice!
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul


Paul,

Could I ask please that you trim and bottom post on this group, please..?
Top posting makes it very hard to follow the thread of conversation.

Please note I'm not 'having a go' at you, it's just that this is the usual
way of doing things on most groups.

Many thanks,

Ivor
..



Stefan Kaniuk 07-25-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE
"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message
news:3kiknoFuj12aU1@individual.net...
> Paul Westwell wrote:
>> Even better....
>>
>> Using Vonage I can dial the local 6 digit number and it works!
>>
>> i.e if I am in Bracknell (01344) and cal my neighbour all I have to
>> dial is 123456.... nice!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Paul

>
> Paul,
>
> Could I ask please that you trim and bottom post on this group, please..?
> Top posting makes it very hard to follow the thread of conversation.
>
> Please note I'm not 'having a go' at you, it's just that this is the usual
> way of doing things on most groups.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Ivor
> .
>




Ivor Jones 07-25-2005 06:05 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
Stefan Kaniuk wrote:
> YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE


Please don't shout. I asked politely, there is no need to be abusive. I
wasn't asking you, anyway.

<plonk>

Ivor



David Floyd 07-26-2005 11:54 AM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 
In message of Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Stefan Kaniuk writes
>YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE


Normally I ignore your posts because of top posting and SHOUTING.

If that's the way you want it - you'll get ignored.


--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

Stefan Kaniuk 07-26-2005 12:23 PM

Re: Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers
 

"David Floyd" <david@floyd.org.uk> wrote in message
news:kfgMiqCsRi5CFw+X@127.0.0.1...
> In message of Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Stefan Kaniuk writes
>>YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE

>
> Normally I ignore your posts because of top posting and SHOUTING.
>

well one can learn pretty quick.




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.