Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sipgate and Asterisk, Calls cut if silence detected (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235400-sipgate-and-asterisk-calls-cut-if-silence-detected.html)

Sparks 07-10-2005 05:26 PM

Sipgate and Asterisk, Calls cut if silence detected

I have a problem with Sipgate and.or Asterisk...

Calls are fine. both in and out, the problem is this

Caller calls my Sipgate number
I don't answer it, because I am on the phone or not near any of my phones
Asterisk then diverts the call to my local voicemail (not the Sipgate one)
The caller hears the announcement, and is prompted to leave a message
If the message is under about 30 seconds, there isn't a problem
If the message is longer, they get cut off after 30 seconds.

I am using Asterisk@home 1.3 (I was using Xorcom Rapid, this had the same
problem.)

Someone said it was because there was no data transmitted from my asterisk
box to the caller for 30 seconds, so the call was terminated, if this is the
case, what can I do about it!?

Ta!

Sparks...

Neil Stratford 07-12-2005 09:03 AM

Re: Sipgate and Asterisk, Calls cut if silence detected

"Sparks" wrote:
> If the message is under about 30 seconds, there isn't a problem
> If the message is longer, they get cut off after 30 seconds.

Unfortunately this is a known problem.

> Someone said it was because there was no data transmitted from my asterisk
> box to the caller for 30 seconds, so the call was terminated, if this is
> the case, what can I do about it!?

The ideal solution is for Asterisk to get a full RTCP implementation, which
will happen in time. However, as a temporary work-around we have a patch
that you can try. It works by sending a periodic "hiss" to the caller while
they are leaving a message, which prevents the 30s timer from expiring.

You can download the patch from http://www.vipadia.com/vcms.py?page=20

--
Neil Stratford [Vipadia Limited - www.vipadia.com]