Velocity Reviews

-   -   sip (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235388-sip.html)

nz 07-07-2005 06:07 PM

sip

Hi
I am new in VOIP and would like to have one information.
How to call a sip number (or nickname) of a friend using a software
different from mine? (both softwares use SIP)
For exemple: how to call a user of Jajah using another software?
Thank in advance.
NZ
Paris FRANCE

Ian 07-07-2005 06:11 PM

Re: sip

"nz" <vczraiks@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am new in VOIP and would like to have one information.
> How to call a sip number (or nickname) of a friend using a software
> different from mine? (both softwares use SIP)
> For exemple: how to call a user of Jajah using another software?
> Thank in advance.
> NZ
> Paris FRANCE

in theory

sip:name@ipaddress

or you could just dial the ip address of the UA

Ian

Paul D.Smith 07-08-2005 07:40 AM

Re: sip

> sip:name@ipaddress
>
> or you could just dial the ip address of the UA

For example if your mate's account is with NoddyPhone and their server is
noddyphone.com and his account name (most account "names" look like phone
numbers) is "56789" then you enter "sip:56789@noddyphone.com"

If you both use the same SIP service provider (i.e. you're both on
NoddyPhone) then you just dial the numbers (i.e. 56789) and the phone does
the rest.

Also, some providers have shortcodes which mean "this number is with another
service provider". For example, your friend might have account "1234" with
"BigEarsTel", but NoddyPhone has a short code "*87" which means "this is for
BigEarsTel" so you would dial "*871234" and the phone does the rest.

Paul DS.