Velocity Reviews

-   -   18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235266-18866-voip-15p-min-to-uk-mobiles.html)

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 06-13-2005 11:38 PM

18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that calls
to mobiles are 15p/min!

Joe 06-14-2005 10:43 AM

Re: 18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
> calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

Peter Corlett 06-14-2005 11:44 AM

Joe <joet3@mail4u.net> wrote:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed
>> that calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

> And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

Expensive, even compared to BT.

18866 is now only cheaper than BT Option 1 for: Vodafone and 3 in the
daytime, 3 in the evening, and T-Mobile and Orange on weekends.

--
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and
water.

David Floyd 06-14-2005 11:45 AM

Re: 18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Joe writes

>"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
>> calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

>And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

If you'd been following various threads in u.k.v you would realize that
this is a price hike and is more expensive that using 18866 via POTS.
You would expect VoIP to be cheaper than PSTN calls.

DF