Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235246-re-voipbuster-and-18866-voip.html)

David Floyd 06-09-2005 02:51 PM

Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

In message of Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Dave writes

>"Phil" <nopsam@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Dave" <davegarrin@mail2you.com> wrote in message
>>>I know this has been asked before and answered a while ago, but I have
>>>googled and got nowhere, so here goes....
>>>
>>> I have a 18866 account that I normally use with my BT line, but want to
>>> use VoipBuster to make calls with 18866 over the net, can someone remind
>>> me what I use for the username and password please? Thanks In Advance.
>>>

>> Username is 18866 followed by your registerd phone number with no spaces
>> and password is your 18866 account number.

>Thanks Phil... Thats what I thought it was, but it won't work here. Are you
>using it OK?
>
>so if my phone number was 013nn67n67n and my account number was 768vb734e
>
>I would use 18866013nn67n67n as the username and 768vb734e as the password
>?
>
>Is yours working?

You would get a better response on uk.telecom.voip -->

What you're talking about above are the settings for using 18866VoIP not
VoIPBuster, as you subject is suggesting.

DF

Stickems. 06-09-2005 04:27 PM

Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip

The Cable Guy 06-09-2005 05:24 PM

"Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote in message
> NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip
>
> |You would get a better response on uk.telecom.voip -->

Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out there.

I was using a free one until Telewest's server carried the group

Stickems. 06-10-2005 10:48 AM

Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

news:_W_pe.47845$G8.19566@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9632 06-10-2005 11:00 AM

On 10 Jun 2005 10:48 GMT, "Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote:

>Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

when you learn to stop top-posting !

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

The Cable Guy 06-10-2005 11:08 AM

> "The Cable Guy" <jmattwood@nospamtalk21.com> wrote in message
> news:_W_pe.47845$G8.19566@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> |
> | "Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote in message
> | > NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip

> | Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
> there.
> |
> | I was using a free one until Telewest's server carried the group
> |

>Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

Go here http://cust.readfreenews.net/login.php and sign up for a free
account.

David Floyd 06-10-2005 11:09 AM

Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

In message of Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Stickems. writes
>"The Cable Guy" <jmattwood@nospamtalk21.com> wrote in message
>news:_W_pe.47845$G8.19566@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
>|
>| "Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote in message
>| > NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip
>| Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
>there.

Re-arranged reply (see footer)

>Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

A good number of users in these groups use individual.net
( http://news.individual.net/ )

Not free, but reliable. Cost €10 (about £7) per annum.

Note:
This is the last time I reply to your posts if you continue to top-post.

DF

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Stickems. 06-10-2005 01:15 PM

Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

Thanks, your a gentleman.

"The Cable Guy" <nospam@NoSmAm.Com> wrote in message
news:lweqe.48215$G8.8464@text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...

| "Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote in message
| >

| > "The Cable Guy" <jmattwood@nospamtalk21.com> wrote in message
| > news:_W_pe.47845$G8.19566@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
| > |
| > | "Stickems." <Stickems.@last.invalid> wrote in message

| > | Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
| > there.
| > |