Velocity Reviews

-   -   1899 VOIP broken? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235198-1899-voip-broken.html)

Charley Moore 05-27-2005 09:53 PM

1899 VOIP broken?

I have not been able to get 1899 VOIP to work even using their latest
client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?
--
Regards Charley

Brian Gregory [UK] 05-27-2005 11:58 PM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

"Charley Moore" <charley.moore@btinternet.removethisspamfritter.co m> wrote
in message news:8e5f91tbfn5q51imi5u2icoe313d5hjc4k@4ax.com...
>I have not been able to get 1899 VOIP to work even using their latest
> client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?

I gave up on their client after it insisted on auto updating itself to a
broken version which locked up my PC.

I now use iaxComm.
http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
ng@bgdsv.co.uk

Phil Thompson 05-28-2005 08:48 AM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
<ng@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:

>I now use iaxComm.

when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
password still there ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Brian Gregory [UK] 05-28-2005 09:24 AM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

"Phil Thompson" <phil.thompson@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
> the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
> password still there ?

I don't remember anything like that.

Oldie 05-28-2005 09:44 AM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:48:01 +0100, Phil Thompson
<phil.thompson@spamcop.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
><ng@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I now use iaxComm.

>when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
>the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>password still there ?
>
>Phil

Mine did, but it still stored the details OK.

Oldie

Charley Moore 05-28-2005 03:36 PM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

Phil Thompson <phil.thompson@spamcop.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
><ng@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I now use iaxComm.

>when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
>the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>password still there ?
>
>Phil

Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have tried
Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I usually get a
message like "Call disconnected by remote".
--
Regards Charley

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 05-28-2005 04:28 PM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

Thus spaketh Charley Moore:
> Phil Thompson <phil.thompson@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
>> <ng@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I now use iaxComm.

>> when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky
>> at the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
>> password still there ?
>>
>> Phil

> Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have
> tried Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I
> usually get a message like "Call disconnected by remote".

Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
another number, and use VoIP with that.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Charley Moore 05-28-2005 11:22 PM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
>another number, and use VoIP with that.

I have tried to add another number, so far no success. It accepts the
number and tells me it will take up 30mins for it to register but does not
appear to update. Perhaps it's having a long weekend :)

--
Regards Charley

Me 05-29-2005 06:38 AM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
(a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
have the 1899 client working again.

Me

On Sun, 29 May 2005 00:22:45 +0100, Charley Moore

Charley Moore 05-30-2005 01:59 PM

Re: 1899 VOIP broken?

Me <me@me.me> wrote:

>Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
>(a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
>have the 1899 client working again.
>
>Me

My additional number has now added successfully, just took a long time.
Unfortunately I still can't make a call. It used to work with several
clients :(
--
Regards Charley